• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Your chance to make a difference - donate to Marc's 2008 Pan Mass Challenge

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
I'd like to first and foremost thank everyone who gave last year to my Pan Mass Challenge bike ride. It was a great success and I raised about $6900! Total fundraising was around $32 million.

I'd first like to thank all my sponsors on the site from last year, in no particular order-

Jerry (OldSnowboarderME)
Ski Resort Observer
Randi and Tim Evil (MRGisEvil and Mr. Evil)
Brian and Sev (bvibert and severine)
Johnathan (Sky)
Austin (awf170)

I can't thank you enough for your help. AZer's contriubtions total a little over $300, matched by my employer. It's a great cause.

I'm again riding the two day, 190 mile route from Sturbridge to P-town. The minimum required amount this year is $4,000 per rider, so please, donate what you can. I know things are financially a little rougher this year than they were last year for most people, but it really is a worthy cause.

100% of your money goes to the Jimmy Fund and the Dana Farber Cancer Institute. All donations are matched by my employer, dollar for dollar.

I'm contributing $500 of my own money this year. Twice what I did last year.

Also this year, anyone donating $100 or more gets a PMC all cotton ball cap and anyone donating over $200 gets a PMC golf shirt. My treat.

And I'm considering an exclusive offer for the AZer that donates the most - one day of skiing with me, anywhere desired, my treat. How could anyone pass up that offer?

Actually, that may turn out to be a deterrent... but anyway. If people are interested in skiing with me, I let whoever is in the running know who donates the most and give everyone the opportunity to win. You can donate more than once.

Speaking of... donating is very simple just go to my website... www.MarcPMC.com or for the spelling challenged, www.MarkPMC.com... it forwards to my account at www.pmc.org where you can read more about the event and donate by credit card.

For anyone wishing to donate by check or Paypal, PM me or email me. Anyone that donated last year, since I now have your mailing address (muahahaha) you'll be getting a letter and a self addressed, stamped envelope. If you donate by credit card, you can just toss the envelope, or better yet, get a friend to donate, and give it to them.

Again, thanks to all who helped last year, and thanks in advance to anyone who gives this year. If you have any questions about the whole thing, feel free to fire away.

Best,
Marc

Edit: the event is August 2nd and 3rd this year, but like last year, I can accept donations up through the end of September. The earlier the better though. I'll set the cutoff at September 10, so I have time to get in the paperwork for the matching donations. Also, check and see if your employer will match your donation, a lot of companies do.

Last edited:

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Thanks Jerry, I knew I could count on you.

GSS won't donate, he'd have to give up some beer or a steak at Outback to help the sick little kids with cancer. I don't see that happening...

Thanks Jerry, I knew I could count on you.

GSS won't donate, he'd have to give up some beer or a steak at Outback to help the sick little kids with cancer. I don't see that happening...

Hey why are you bringing me into this???

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Easy target. :dunce:

Plus it's a good cause.

Plus you're young, single and work full time.

I'll tell you one thing, I'd take back a lot of my ill will and bad things I've said about you if you had it in you to put up some green.

Paul

Hey why are you bringing me into this???

Easy target. :dunce:

Plus it's a good cause.

Plus you're young, single and work full time.

I'll tell you one thing, I'd take back a lot of my ill will and bad things I've said about you if you had it in you to put up some green.

I just put $30 on the gold card...

So you will be come a well rounded person and not just self centered .. besides it is good for your karma .

Excellent .. I am impressed .. we all now see another side to your personality and it is a good one for a change..

Thank you GSS, that's enough to shut me up. Good on ya. If by chance our paths ever cross I'll buy you a beer.

my-name-is-earl.jpg

My name is Steeze.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
WOW.

Thanks for the quick responses AZer's, in no particular order - Jerry (OSME), Doug (GSS), Randi + Tim (The Evils), Jens (wa-loaf), Dr. Jeff, and Paul-

Best response yet, your donations alone total $530.

And Dr. Jeff is in the lead to ski with me, if he so chooses. Plus I take back all the bad stuff I've said about dentists over the years. Well, most of it, anyway.

New motivation -

If I get over $1,000 in donations from AZ, I'll pin a big Alpine Zone sign to the back of my jersey on Sunday, with Greg's permission of course.

drjeff

I'd like to thank GSS for bumping this thread.

I'd venture a guess that you'll more than likely get to make the same post a few more time Paul. :rolleyes:

Bet what the heck, since it is a GREAT cause, I'll thanks GSS for the bump too :)

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
I'd like to thank all you guys for the bumps and the money. Says a lot about a person when it comes time to pony up some dough for a good cause.