• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Your Current Ski Jones Rating

wa-loaf

I was in Target today. Halloween stuff is coming out. That still seems kinda far away, but it was some good Fall stoke.

they started putting the holloween stuff out almost two weeks ago. evey year they push it earlier and earlier.

Hell yeah all the Halloween stores are starting to open up around here. I have no clue what I'm going to be for Halloween...I usually buy leftover stuff from Wal-mart at the last minute. Last year I was a pirate...Yar

Jonni

Nothing too off the charts yet, but I'm at a 6. Got back to school last week, and visited some ski areas between classes to get the drooling going (despite working all summer at a ski area).

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
Hell yeah all the Halloween stores are starting to open up around here. I have no clue what I'm going to be for Halloween...I usually buy leftover stuff from Wal-mart at the last minute. Last year I was a pirate...Yar

dude lets be spy vs spy. argh me matte. i dated a girl that let me talk pirate speak in bed. i still to this day let out the acasionally argh while walking down the steet.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
what part? the random argh or pirate speak in bed. i got a little drunk one night and was doing it a a club. my boy wouldn't even stand next to untill he found me at a table with 4 maxim models. some girls dig the prirate thing.
The pirate thing in general.... I can't explain it, it just is.

BTW, Sept 19th is International Talk Like A Pirate Day. ;)

bvibert

Staff member
Paging Brian . . . :)

The funny part is that she usually gives me funny looks when I talk like a pirate around the house. Yes, I seriously do talk like a pirate occasionally for no reason. Guess I need to work on it some more.. ;)

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Alright, officially up to a 3. Was planning on hitting the driving range before work this morning but decided it was too cold for a warm weather activity :) Took the dog out for a quick walk and spent the a while day dreaming about powder days at Jay showing some of you guys around. Nice day dreams of untracked powder. First time I had seriously thought about the up coming season all summer. So I am at a 3, up from a 1. Still two months (perhaps less) before first tracks. No reason to get all worked up quite yet.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
The funny part is that she usually gives me funny looks when I talk like a pirate around the house. Yes, I seriously do talk like a pirate occasionally for no reason. Guess I need to work on it some more.. ;)
Clearly...
20080420-mp71xyw8jib28jy436q6wxkqcm.jpg

;)

This morning was the first time since last spring that I thought a long sleeved shirt might be appropriate..and I'm warm-blooded..

gmcunni

8.5 today. just got back from getting my son setup with season ski rentals. then walked around the shop for few minutes admiring all the new skis i won't be getting.

bvibert

Staff member
8.5 today. just got back from getting my son setup with season ski rentals. then walked around the shop for few minutes admiring all the new skis i won't be getting.

We were in the shop today finishing up some boot fitting for my wife. Highly recommend Dave Newman at Ski Market in Avon. That visit pushed my jones up a bit....

Incredibly high and I have a date with a skier chick in two hours...below freezing temperatures in the extended forecast for the north country. I saw low 20s for Saranac lake NY for 10 days out...JEA!!!!!