• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Your Current Ski Jones Rating

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
We were in the shop today finishing up some boot fitting for my wife. Highly recommend Dave Newman at Ski Market in Avon. That visit pushed my jones up a bit....
Between getting my boots back today w/new footbeds (SOOOOOOO much better) and alignment evaluation, picking up a pair of heavily discounted softshell pants from Country Sports (in a smaller size - YAY me!), and pulling out my new/saved ski gear (for smaller me!) and trying it on, the jones is on! I'd say about a 7.5-8 now. Where's the snow????

Moe Ghoul

Between getting my boots back today w/new footbeds (SOOOOOOO much better) and alignment evaluation, picking up a pair of heavily discounted softshell pants from Country Sports (in a smaller size - YAY me!), and pulling out my new/saved ski gear (for smaller me!) and trying it on, the jones is on! I'd say about a 7.5-8 now. Where's the snow????

That's gotta be a good feeling! No snow yet, so I occasionally fill my mouth with ice cubes and shove my head in the freezer just for the effect. :)

Greg

Staff member
Got a new windblocker fleece that I plan to wear on any dry day above 30 degrees or so, plus new ski poles so my jones is increasing a bit. Also got Abby outfitted with new gear and my youngest tried on Abby's old boots and skis so the little ones are getting psyched too. Prolly approaching an 8.

Got a new windblocker fleece that I plan to wear on any dry day above 30 degrees or so, plus new ski poles so my jones is increasing a bit. Also got Abby outfitted with new gear and my youngest tried on Abby's old boots and skis so the little ones are getting psyched too. Prolly approaching an 8.

Steezy,,,I'm holding off on new gear for another month...the windblocker fleece sounds mad steezy yo!!!!!...it's always nice to go without a shell..I prefer being a 2 or 3 layer player...better than a 4 or 5 layer player..which brings me to my next thread...8)

Geoff

Steezy,,,I'm holding off on new gear for another month...the windblocker fleece sounds mad steezy yo!!!!!...it's always nice to go without a shell..I prefer being a 2 or 3 layer player...better than a 4 or 5 layer player..which brings me to my next thread...8)

4 or 5 layers? You must look like the Michelin Man.

awf170

Up to a 5 now... this fall weather is starting to get to me. Plus yesterday I realized that I could be skiing in just over a month. Before that I wasn't even thinking about it and just thought ski season was still a few months away. :dunce:

gmcunni

8.5 today. just got back from getting my son setup with season ski rentals. then walked around the shop for few minutes admiring all the new skis i won't be getting.

despite the great weather this weekend i'm holding strong on my 8.5. we picked up the skis and boots today and got a free pass to sugarbush :spread:

uber high and I was talking skiing at the bar earlier..with a dude who also skis on doubletips at Blue mountain the true mountain..

WJenness

Up in the 8-9 neighborhood.

I spent the weekend up at Loon for the highland games. staring at the trails, lifts, and snowmaking equip got me going... and then driving through town and seeing all the tent sales.

-w

Greg

Staff member
Happy Fall!!!

In a weird way, the nice turn in weather has got me pumped for skiing, but also even more pumped for MTBing. Riding in the cool weather with the color and the leaves on the trail is going to be great. Ski Jones is settling back down to a 6 or 7. I'm good for another couple months.

bvibert

Staff member
It was great MTBing in the cooler weather yesterday. My gloves weren't soaked with sweat or anything. 8)

I'm putting my jones at a solid 6 right now.

dmc

In Seattle this week...

Staring at mountains.... My "jones" is great...