• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Your Current Ski Jones Rating

2knees

I was talked into them. The price and the fact that they have a 93mm waist helped convince me. ;) I didn't have anything that wide, yet. ;)

And yes, we are now very well outfitted for the season... :lol:

man, i felt guilty buying a new pair of boots. which was an absolute neccessity. I need to think like you guys do.

I need a new jacket, ski pants, some fat skis, new poles, a season pass and a new car. I think you have covered all of the above except the car.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
man, i felt guilty buying a new pair of boots. which was an absolute neccessity. I need to think like you guys do.

I need a new jacket, ski pants, some fat skis, new poles, a season pass and a new car. I think you have covered all of the above except the car.
You only live once..........right? Well, at least with this ego. ;)

In all seriousness, this was an unusual season for us. We're not usually this bad. Sometimes you just gotta indulge though.

2knees

You only live once..........right? Well, at least with this ego. ;)

In all seriousness, this was an unusual season for us. We're not usually this bad. Sometimes you just gotta indulge though.

Hell yeah you gotta indulge sometimes. You cant take it to the grave with ya!

o3jeff

Pat hit up the TJ Maxx for a jacket. I was in the one on the Silas Deane and the one in Glastonbury and they both still had a good selection.

Last edited:

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com

BTW, I drive a POS that's barely moving... so I'm no better off on the car front. :oops:

Jeff is right, if you need a jacket and pants, try the TJ Maxx sales. Pretty good prices. REI also had some great discounts when we stopped by there a couple weeks ago. I got a jacket for 70% off.

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
BTW, I drive a POS that's barely moving... so I'm no better off on the car front. :oops:

Jeff is right, if you need a jacket and pants, try the TJ Maxx sales. Pretty good prices. REI also had some great discounts when we stopped by there a couple weeks ago. I got a jacket for 70% off.

i would go with ebay or siera snowboard. cheaper and more selction.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
i would go with ebay or siera snowboard. cheaper and more selction.
Depends on what you're looking for and how patient you are. The jackets Brian and I bought at REI recently, for example, couldn't be found cheaper online anywhere; they were cheaper than SAC even. Both were Marmot. TJ Maxx is hit or miss, but if you're looking for a quick bargain and don't have time to price shop, you can find some deals there. But you have to know what you're looking at. Being home all day *smirk* I have seen enough of SAC/Tramdock and other deals to know what's a good price and what isn't.

bvibert

Staff member
Jones is getting higher by the day for me. Knowing that crowds of people are skiing lifted served elsewhere in this country today isn't helping matter. I've bought way more gear than I can afford in the last few months. Some of it is coming in today, which I'm pretty psyched about! :D

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Jones suddenly creeping up into the 7.5 territory for the first time this off season. Just received a new pair of BD Traverse poles and my annual new glove liner. About to drop another $135 on more clothing needed for skiing and 'shoeing (base layers and gaiters). Yea 20% off coupon! I <3 BackCountry.com. The new Karhu Storm BC looks really interesting... Oh man, time to stop browsing. No more ski purchases until I get new boots and a set of Dynafits! Gah. I will settle on just staying warm and dry this winter with my gear purchases and will be looking to drop some bills next spring for new gear.

Trekchick

I'm at a 9....Being up at the mountain and riding the chairlift for the alpine slide got me really ready.
Yup, that brings the jones rating up!
n830505017_4328741_5101.jpg

Reading the TR for the Abasin/Loveland Opening day Stoke nearly took me off the chart!
I'm ready.
I'll ride bike this weekend, to keep from going nuts, but I really want to be skiing!

Warp Daddy

still busy with other fun stuff -- but starting to think about it .

It'll hit the max when golf ends then i'll be sitting here with my boots on !!

2knees

I have personal feelings and experiences with the TJX company that prevents me from giving them a penny of my money.

I will check out REI though. Isnt there one in West Hartford?

btw, i'm not trying to give you a hard time about anything. I just was saying i wish i could just pull the trigger quicker on things i need for skiing. I think because i'm the only one in the family who skis, i tend to be really conservative with my purchases.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I have personal feelings and experiences with the TJX company that prevents me from giving them a penny of my money.

I will check out REI though. Isnt there one in West Hartford?

btw, i'm not trying to give you a hard time about anything. I just was saying i wish i could just pull the trigger quicker on things i need for skiing. I think because i'm the only one in the family who skis, i tend to be really conservative with my purchases.
No problem. :D Yes, REI is in Blue Back Square.

Trekchick

2 knees, there is something about TJMaxx that drives me crazy. I've made a few purchases there, but really don't have a desire to shop there. I may miss out on some deals, but I don't feel like I'm missing anything at all.

Trekchick

This is October 13th, 2006 in my yard.
300x300_5_0_1.jpg

Doesn't look like that today. :(

FWIW, the snow melted almost immediately, and we had a terrible ski season that year.

Last year, it was warm, (like now) at this time of year, and we had the BEST snow in a long time throughout the season.