• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Your Current Ski Jones Rating

o3jeff

where were you yesterday????

not because of the price but the knowledge. i'm bummed about the width thing. Had i known that prior to purchasing, i wouldve tried on the kryptons for sure. I have a somewhat narrow foot and i want zero lateral movement.

As long as you didn't grind them and am sure you haven't skied them you should be able to take them back and exchange them. I assume you bought them from the shop in the town you live?

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
As long as you didn't grind them and am sure you haven't skied them you should be able to take them back and exchange them. I assume you bought them from the shop in the town you live?
Unless it's final sale, of course. I found that to be the case even back in mid-March for the boots I bought. The only way I could return them is if, after 1 year of tweaking, the shop decided they were not the right boots for me.

skidmarks

Working

where were you yesterday????

not because of the price but the knowledge. i'm bummed about the width thing. Had i known that prior to purchasing, i wouldve tried on the kryptons for sure. I have a somewhat narrow foot and i want zero lateral movement.

We had a race fit day at the shop. It was nuts!!
What boot did you get again?

bvibert

Staff member
For search purposes, it may be a good idea to have the AZ team split these posts to their own thread in the Gear section. Very good information.

You want me to do WORK, on a Monday morning?? :lol:

Maybe later... ;)

faceplant

When days get shorter and temps start droppin my ol lady gets all depressed bout summer leavin. SAD Me? I start salvating like one of them pavlovs dogs. Shoot, middle of summer at the beach an for me the surfers look like Tomba rippin down a course. Sand might as well be snow. My heads stuck in the snow all year-even if there aint none

dmc

When days get shorter and temps start droppin my ol lady gets all depressed bout summer leavin. SAD Me? I start salvating like one of them pavlovs dogs. Shoot, middle of summer at the beach an for me the surfers look like Tomba rippin down a course. Sand might as well be snow. My heads stuck in the snow all year-even if there aint none

Would that be the Belleayre beach..?

Or the Jersey Shore beach... Why don't you come spend some $ up in the Catskills if it's so important....

btw: Good job at finally posting in another thread... Your "troll" status is starting to slip... Keep up the good work Jersey...

dmc

the leaves are out of control with colors..

The brighter they get the more i think of riding...

faceplant

this mite get yer jones goin...free food to

Killington Resort welcomes ABC's Good Morning America and their "50 States in 50 Days" tour this Sunday atop Killington Peak.
GMA's Marysol Castro will broadcast weather and Vermont feature segments live from 7:00 to 9:00 a.m. and the public is invited to be part of the production. Killington Resort will offer free roundtrip rides on the K-1 Gondola from 6:00 to 9:30 a.m. and a free continental breakfast at the Peak Restaurant. And, just like the Times Square studios, folks are encouraged to bring signs, smiling faces and be ready to cheer at the Peak!
"On my way to shoot our features in Vermont last week for Sunday's show, a friend said, 'You're going to God's country.' It is true. This state is so beautiful, the people so kind, and we're so happy to be broadcasting live from Killington Peak," Castro said. "I just hope we get invited back when it snows!"
"With peak foliage viewing expected this weekend, we're excited to host Good Morning America and open the gondola early for those that want to be part of the live show and enjoy the beautiful fall colors," said Patricia Ryan, Killington's director of marketing, sales and reservations.
The scenic ride on the K-1 Gondola to the highest lift-served terrain in Vermont offers an opportunity to view the foliage colors in the heart of the Green Mountains. In addition, the summit of Killington Peak, a short 10-minute hike from the top of the gondola, provides a panoramic view of five states and Canada on a crisp, clear autumn day. Beginning Saturday, the K-1 Gondola will be open daily from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. through Monday, October 13 for foliage viewing.

Very high like a 10.7

Yesterday the cable/internet guy after seeing my 6 pairs of skis and various ski posters asked me if I skied...lol...my answer a sarcastic,"No, the skis are just for decoration" five or six weeks until the WROD at Mount Snow

Killington Resort welcomes ABC's Good Morning America and their "50 States in 50 Days" tour this Sunday atop Killington Peak.
GMA's Marysol Castro will broadcast weather and Vermont feature segments live from 7:00 to 9:00 a.m. and the public is invited to be part of the production. Killington Resort will offer free roundtrip rides on the K-1 Gondola from 6:00 to 9:30 a.m. and a free continental breakfast at the Peak Restaurant. And, just like the Times Square studios, folks are encouraged to bring signs, smiling faces and be ready to cheer at the Peak!
"On my way to shoot our features in Vermont last week for Sunday's show, a friend said, 'You're going to God's country.' It is true. This state is so beautiful, the people so kind, and we're so happy to be broadcasting live from Killington Peak," Castro said. "I just hope we get invited back when it snows!"
"With peak foliage viewing expected this weekend, we're excited to host Good Morning America and open the gondola early for those that want to be part of the live show and enjoy the beautiful fall colors," said Patricia Ryan, Killington's director of marketing, sales and reservations.
The scenic ride on the K-1 Gondola to the highest lift-served terrain in Vermont offers an opportunity to view the foliage colors in the heart of the Green Mountains. In addition, the summit of Killington Peak, a short 10-minute hike from the top of the gondola, provides a panoramic view of five states and Canada on a crisp, clear autumn day. Beginning Saturday, the K-1 Gondola will be open daily from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. through Monday, October 13 for foliage viewing.

I didn't know you could see Canada from Killington...that seems like a stretch since Canada is 100+ miles away..

Terry

10 right now since I saw the snow on Mt Washington this afternoon! Bring it on. It won't be long now!!! :snow:

Greg

Staff member
Maybe I'm inching up towards an 8. Skiing has definitely been on the brain more lately. Cool mornings and some frost over the weekend is definitely getting me pumped. Plenty of mountain biking to do still though.

Glenn

Getting higher by the day due to the leaves changing, pics of snow from VT and watching videos on the forum from last season.

Greg

Staff member
On a low humidity day, you can certainly see the Presidential range. That's farther than the Canadian border.

Actually the Presidentials are a bit closer than the Canadian border. Plus, they're easy to pick out in the winter.

bvibert

Staff member
My jones really really started to climb rapidly in the last week or so. I've bought some new soft goods, have been paying way more to Tramdock than the other one deal at a time sites (need one or two more things), the cold is starting to set in, they're blowing snow out west, I started my annual Demo Days thread, and some numb-nuts had to start talking about 'blowing the mice out' in the east!!!