• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Your Current Ski Jones Rating

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
15!!!!!!!!

Trying on ski boots tonight, thinking about how I'm picking up the Celebrities with their newly-mounted bindings on Thurs...and of course, seeing the first flakes of the season falling RIGHT NOW. I NEED to ski!!!!!

bvibert

Staff member
I'm more mellow now that I got out for some honest turns. Maybe it's just the exhaustion talking, but I'd put my jones at a 5 or so right now...

Moe Ghoul

All the TR and vids pushed me over a 9. Irrational exhuberance wore off and tamped it back down to an 8.4. Gonna go feel up my Coombas sitting here in the office. Bindings should be here by the weekend. Stoke.

JumboJim

At the time of the original post, big goose egg (0). Motorcycling on twisty roads keeps skiing out of mind.

Now, especially after I just dropped the skis off for a tune today and a few flakes coming down this past week, 7.

When it's too cold to ride 2 wheels (below 30F for me) and especially when I can't roll it out of the basement due to snowcover, it'll be a 10 (duh).

Greg

Staff member
Solid 9. Took a nice long MTB ride today, but it's not having the same soothing effect. I'm ready to effin ski already. Last week was just a little taste, and the TRs and pics from Killington's opening are feeding the jones.

It's HERE folks! :spread:

kcyanks1

11? Just waxed my skis! (Never did the end of season thing. I just a couple weeks ago ordered a ski vice, iron, etc. It's been a long time since I waxed my skis myself, since before college when I did it at home with my dad.)

gmcunni

3. Pretty mellow right now. Enjoying the last of my MTB season...

i'm glad i'm not alone. for some reason i'm not feeling it lately. between MTB, family activities, yard work and hectic job schedule i'm just not feeling the skiing cravings right now.

Greg

Staff member
3. Pretty mellow right now. Enjoying the last of my MTB season...

i'm glad i'm not alone. for some reason i'm not feeling it lately. between MTB, family activities, yard work and hectic job schedule i'm just not feeling the skiing cravings right now.

What the hell is the matter with you guys? :???:

frozencorn

14...pretty bad today after seeing the TR's and hearing the chatter about the weekend.

bvibert

Staff member

What the hell is the matter with you guys? :???:

No kidding! :roll:

If I hadn't gotten in those turns last week I'd be feeling much different. I think that, combined with the fact that I still have boot issues to work through are making me not rush. 8)

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
If I hadn't gotten in those turns last week I'd be feeling much different. I think that, combined with the fact that I still have boot issues to work through are making me not rush. 8)
Says the man who dressed up in his gear to watch TV last night. :p