• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Got to retire the custom

knuckledragger

My old 98 burton custom 60 finally had enough. Even after I had to get a big coreshot repaired in it a couple of years ago. Base is now so thin if I even think about hitting a pebble it gets a whole in it. Any suggestions on what I should do with it to give it a fitting retirement send off? I can tell ya this board has been some places so it holds a special place in my heart.

dmc

Burn it... What better sacrifice to Ullr... Burn it... :)

AdironRider

I love my custom and I dont know if Ill ever ride another board. Mines an 05 LE with the ostrich leather and all. Big pimpin!

I say you make it into a bench. My aunt did that and its pretty damn sweet.

BeanoNYC

Keep it for wall art. I have a whole bunch of my father-in-law's old wooden skis that I'm storing for when we can finally get a ski house/condo. Or ..... DMC seems pretty adamant on burning it, but I'd wait to do that until next season to give it up to the snow gods.

dmc

BURN IT!!!!

Next fall to apease ULLR!!!!

dmc

jackstraw said:
i can't get monty python out of my head!! burn the witch!

"well - we did do the hat.... And... the nose.... BUT SHE'S A WITCH!!!!"

ctenidae

"She turned you into a newt?"

"Well, I got better."

There's got to be some way to turn the board into a booze luge.

dmc

"So if she weighs the same as a duck..... A WITCH!!!!!"

dmc

AdironRider said:
So wait DMC do you have a thing against Burton?

God no... I have a couple in the quiver.. A Fish and a Splitboard.. And use Mission bindings...
Some of my best friends have worked for Burton..

But - for sacrificing something to ULLR - it's best to REALLY make a sacrifice... And he REALLY loves that deck - so it would be a good sacrifice...

dmc

knuckledragger said:
Burnins pretty extreme. I was thinking about the bench/ adirondak chair conversion have also seen people buy clock works in old boards

Hey your choice.... Whimp out and make a pretty chair with a soft cusion made from lace out of your snowboard - OR - give it a sendoff it deserves... By BURNING it...

BeanoNYC

dmc said:
Hey your choice.... Whimp out and make a pretty chair with a soft cusion made from lace out of your snowboard - OR - give it a sendoff it deserves... By BURNING it...

350px-Manuscript_Ullr.jpg

Ullr er sulten!