• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

I'm on a diet!!!

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I better get my butt in gear... I have to keep below you guys! :eek: (And some catching up to do to get below Paul...)

Maintaining steady... then again, with the knee protesting every time I try to do anything strenuous, it's been difficult. I could be eating better... need to get to the grocery store today and stock up on healthy food again.

GSS... I can't believe how much beer you drink! Geez, I feel 1, with 2 I'm pretty loopy. Can't imagine drinking 40+ beers/week!

I better get my butt in gear... I have to keep below you guys! :eek: (And some catching up to do to get below Paul...)

Maintaining steady... then again, with the knee protesting every time I try to do anything strenuous, it's been difficult. I could be eating better... need to get to the grocery store today and stock up on healthy food again.

GSS... I can't believe how much beer you drink! Geez, I feel 1, with 2 I'm pretty loopy. Can't imagine drinking 40+ beers/week!

It's very easy to drnk 40+ beers in a week. If I'm not skiing I easily drink 4-5 beers during happy hour and maybe a few more at home..On the weekends..a couple pregame beers, a couple beers out at the bars, and maybe more latenight.

I like being drunk..and then posting on the internet. But I drank alot less beer this past week and that's a big reason I'm losing weight..along with laying off the greasy foods which go so well with beer.

In college I know there were weeks when I drank 100 beers..:-D but I went to a party school...

drjeff

It's very easy to drnk 40+ beers in a week. If I'm not skiing I easily drink 4-5 beers during happy hour and maybe a few more at home..On the weekends..a couple pregame beers, a couple beers out at the bars, and maybe more latenight.

I like being drunk..and then posting on the internet. But I drank alot less beer this past week and that's a big reason I'm losing weight..along with laying off the greasy foods which go so well with beer.

In college I know there were weeks when I drank 100 beers..:-D but I went to a party school...

One of my favorite beer lines of all time "24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case, coincidence, I think not!"

Bump...

After a nice food bender the past few days...I'm dieting again...

I want to eat healthy...I eat way too much fried foods..and need to drink less beer..and exercise more.

snoseek

Bump...

After a nice food bender the past few days...I'm dieting again...

I want to eat healthy...I eat way too much fried foods..and need to drink less beer..and exercise more.

Hahaha You need to cook all of your own food and shop the perimeter of your grocery store. We'll see how that goes.

Hahaha You need to cook all of your own food and shop the perimeter of your grocery store. We'll see how that goes.

I'm hitting the grocery store after work...I need to stay away from Pringles and combos..and get more produce..Frozen pizza is in the perimeter right???

Trekchick

After the article came out about the perimeter of the grocery store, our local store put the Alcohol and hot dogs on the outside aisle........:lol:

Maybe you and Sev should hook up. She is doing amazing!

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
:lol: about the beer and hot dogs on the perimeter! (And one of our grocery stores does that, too...)

Actually, I haven't been so great lately. :oops: But after trying on clothes today and seeing the backward slide over the last 7 weeks, I'm determined to refocus and stop eating so much crap. Overall, I'm down 15 lbs from mid April. But I was down 20 lbs and regained 5 that have been stubbornly hanging on for the last several weeks... and they're not muscle pounds either. :(

GSS - How much exercise you been doing lately? It goes hand in hand. But yeah, ditch the fried crap, cut down on your beer consumption, and I'm sure you'll see a difference right away. I can't criticize someone for not wanting to cook because honestly, I hate cooking. But I try to cook most of the week.

bvibert

Staff member
I can't criticize someone for not wanting to cook because honestly, I hate cooking. But I try to cook most of the week.

I thought you liked cooking for the most part, it was just the cleanup that goes along with it that you didn't like.

Personally I can't be bothered to cook most of the time. I have simple tastes and stuff that comes pre-packaged and or frozen is just fine with me.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I thought you liked cooking for the most part, it was just the cleanup that goes along with it that you didn't like.

Personally I can't be bothered to cook most of the time. I have simple tastes and stuff that comes pre-packaged and or frozen is just fine with me.
I would cook a lot more if I didn't have to do all the cleanup, too. But seeing as I do have to, I'm rarely inspired to cook. (Thus, I kind of hate cooking... it goes hand in hand...) Baking, on the other hand... that's something I do enjoy. It's also something that really isn't all that compatible with "healthy" eating. Although I believe in all things in moderation. There's room for everything... you just need to balance.

Trekchick

Please define your definition of 'hook up' because mine doesn't jive with your usage here... :eek:

;)
Well...........you could use your imagination and .....oh never mind.
:lol:

My definition of hook up in this instance:
Get some ideas and inspiration from Severine to get motivated on the fitness and weight loss.

Brian, maybe some day you AND SEVERINE will hook up with me for a bike ride, eh?

:lol: about the beer and hot dogs on the perimeter! (And one of our grocery stores does that, too...)

Actually, I haven't been so great lately. :oops: But after trying on clothes today and seeing the backward slide over the last 7 weeks, I'm determined to refocus and stop eating so much crap. Overall, I'm down 15 lbs from mid April. But I was down 20 lbs and regained 5 that have been stubbornly hanging on for the last several weeks... and they're not muscle pounds either. :(

GSS - How much exercise you been doing lately? It goes hand in hand. But yeah, ditch the fried crap, cut down on your beer consumption, and I'm sure you'll see a difference right away. I can't criticize someone for not wanting to cook because honestly, I hate cooking. But I try to cook most of the week.

In PA they don't sell beer in grocery stores. Severine..I wish I had your drive when it came to running...2 summers ago I used to run alot..at least every other day. I ran a few times in the spring but I don't enjoy running. As for exercise..I haven't exercised much lately..mainly because it's been so hot..but after work today I'm taking a long walk..to work up a good sweat in the 90 degree heat..The diet thing is a self-improvement thing for me...along with have a cleaner apartment and getting a girlfriend. I was getting into a bad routine where everyday after work..I'd go to the local bar..drink a bunch of beer..maybe have some wings or cheese fries..then go home and pass out on my couch..I miss skiing everyday after work..

It's not so much about cooking..I need to have healthy foods at my place like turkey, fruit, vegetables and fiber crackers..Making a big bowl of spaghetti in the middle of the summer is..:puke:I even saw that some types of steak are way healthier than others and it turns out my favorites are the fattiest..doh..oh well..I can do it this time..and the reason I announce my diet on here is so I'm less likely to cheat..

bvibert

Staff member
Well...........you could use your imagination and .....oh never mind.
:lol:

My definition of hook up in this instance:
Get some ideas and inspiration from Severine to get motivated on the fitness and weight loss.

Brian, maybe some day you AND SEVERINE will hook up with me for a bike ride, eh?

Gotcha. ;)

A bike ride sounds nice, when are you going to be heading out this way. I've got some good rides I can show you...

snoseek

I'm hitting the grocery store after work...I need to stay away from Pringles and combos..and get more produce..Frozen pizza is in the perimeter right???

You've got the right idea here. Try expirimenting with different food like brown rice, quinoa, sweet potato, barley ect.... eat everything whole grain and you'll soon get used to it. Buy your food as close to nature as you can get it (and afford).

I was pretty heavy a little over a year ago and have slowly dropped 45 pounds