• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Only 4 months til ski season

awf170

I was thinking to myself today that it is almost july and ski season starts in nov so that means only 4 more months :D :D (and i would be 3.5 if killington wasnt so cheap)

dmc

I like the way you think!

I'd still love to head up to Tucks in July for ribbon/bridge skiing...

awf170

dmc said:
I like the way you think!

I'd still love to head up to Tucks in July for ribbon/bridge skiing...

ive been annoyin my parents to go tomorrow to get away from the heat but i dont think it is working

Rushski

It can't come soon enough for me. When it comes, I will be out of my cast and back in (reasonably) good shape.

COME ON Winter!!!

ctenidae

I had that very thought yesterday when my skis fell off the rack and nailed me.

4 months- not so long, right? 1/3 of a year, 160 days, 3,840 hours, 230,400 minutes. Just think, you'll be asleep for 1,280 of those hours, and at work for an equal number, leaving only 1,280 hours to think, free and clear, of skiing.

Okay, 1,279 hours, 56 minutes to go...

:eek:

awf170

ctenidae said:

4 months- not so long, right? 1/3 of a year, 160 days, 3,840 hours, 230,400 minutes. Just think, you'll be asleep for 1,280 of those hours, and at work for an equal number, leaving only 1,280 hours to think, free and clear, of skiing.

and for me even less because im so lazy during the summer i sleep atleast 10 hours :D

dmc

awf170 said:
ctenidae said:

and for me even less because im so lazy during the summer i sleep atleast 10 hours :D

10 hours!!!!
I'm working on 3.5 hours of sleep right now...
Not as easy now that I'm in my 40's... Used to be able to stay up all night and go to work the next day..

bigbog

ctenidae said:

THAT'S the way to think ctenidae! HaHa...breaking it down to function calls ALWAYS is the way to go....it sure sounds a heck of a lot shorter.

Steve

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
i was thinking about that recently myself actually. although, i just looked at the tucks cam shot and am debating giving it another go this weekend for first ever july turns. it would definitely be doing it "just to do it" though.

awf170

riverc0il said:
i was thinking about that recently myself actually. although, i just looked at the tucks cam shot and am debating giving it another go this weekend for first ever july turns. it would definitely be doing it "just to do it" though.

i dont think it is at "just to do it" phase yet maybe another 2 or 3 weeks from now... still rather ski on that then some of those little hometown ski areas