• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Superpasses: more crowds?

Hawk

New Ikon Passes are up. $899 for renewals (decrease from last season). Haven't looked through all the resorts yet, but looks to be about the same......

Whoa! Unlimited at Sugarbush.

Oh no. Gonna have to start being a mid-week skier.

Hawk

Win, what will be the procedure for current Sugarbush pass holders? I assume we will have to come in and get new media? Also what about resort charge? other programs like early ups, boomer, etc?

WinS

Win, what will be the procedure for current Sugarbush pass holders? I assume we will have to come in and get new media? Also what about resort charge? other programs like early ups, boomer, etc?

We are putting out detailed info later this morning. Yes, you will need new media but that can be mailed to you. Yes to resort charge and Early-up. Most of our local products like Boomer, Value and young adults 13-29 will also be offered.

Few today ski the full 5 or 7 days so unlimited will be mostly for the already dedicated Sugarbush passholders in my opinion.

In the meantime about 4-5” so far.

BenedictGomez

Few today ski the full 5 or 7 days so unlimited will be mostly for the already dedicated Sugarbush passholders in my opinion.

I dont think that's a very mathematically sound opinion.

For starters, the Sugarbush acquisition date by Alterra was well after the IKON purchase decision was made for the 2019-2020 ski season & wasnt unlimited. Secondly, we know IKON is still aggressively & impressively ramping. I could go on here in spades, but those two facts should speak well enough for those with decent prognosticative abilities to know Sugarbush will be a ****show next year.

Hawk

For starters, the Sugarbush acquisition date by Alterra was well after the IKON purchase decision was made for the 2019-2020 ski season & wasnt unlimited. Secondly, we know IKON is still aggressively & impressively ramping. I could go on here in spades, but those two facts should speak well enough for those with decent prognosticative abilities to know Sugarbush will be a ****show next year.

I'm buying a pass shitshow or not and it will be the same or less than I spent last year with more benefits. But keep it up Benedict. Maybe you will keep the crowds down. ;-)

WinS

I respectfully disagree. This is our second year of partnering and accepting Ikon passes, so I think we know how it is actually used.

abc

I'm not sure that translates.

With limited days, whether it's 5 or 7, people are "saving" the days for when condition are good. Some never used them fully because other things intrude.

But with unlimited, there will be more people coming in on weekends, powder or ice.

We'll see. Not sounding like you guys have a choice though.

p.S.

It's always my plan to buy 20/21 Ikon the moment it's available and immediately start using it. So with Sugarbush on "unlimited" this year, I have both Stratton and the Bush all the way through the end of the northeast season.

Last edited:

AdironRider

I'm buying a pass shitshow or not and it will be the same or less than I spent last year with more benefits. But keep it up Benedict. Maybe you will keep the crowds down. ;-)

Or you could listen to Trailboss and I, who only had to deal with limited day access from IKON which still resulted in massive crowding, and realize you need to be very careful what you wish for.

Last edited:

abc

It will be interesting to see how only top tier pass access affects Jackson. Basically makes it a 200 add on for your Jackson trip.
I think most who wants to ski Jackson will go to full pass. You get to ski on blackout days too.

(I've been only getting the blackout pass in both Ikon and Epic, because I THOUGHT holidays were too crowded for my taste anyway. But reports from across all mountains indicates holiday crowds were GONE because everybody is blacked out. So, I'm planning to cough up the extra $ to get to ski the quiet mountains on holidays -- primarily Christmas/New Year, getting Aspen and JH as part of the package too)

thetrailboss

Staff member
New Ikon Passes are up. $899 for renewals (decrease from last season). Haven't looked through all the resorts yet, but looks to be about the same......

Whoa! Unlimited at Sugarbush.

No surprise at all that SB is unlimited. They needed another unlimited option in Vermont and one to go head-to-head with Stowe. As to crowds, I will wait to hear how it goes. Unless every skier and rider in Vermont and the Boston and NYC metro areas goes IKON then I think the uptick will be slight, but honestly I don't know what's going on there.

As said by others, be careful what you wish for. The biggest difference though is that there aren't 2 million people right on SB's doorstep.

AdironRider

Ikon has brought hoards of cheap beaters who don't spend money except to park. I'm not confident enough to say this will fix the problem though.