• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Season Pass Options/Considerations

cdskier

For the same reason I don't buy Barilla pasta

Interesting...never knew Barilla had a similar controversy to Chikfila until just now. Looks like Barilla turned it around though and made an effort to learn.

BenedictGomez

Fast food isn't worth a 40+ minute one-way drive.

That makes sense then.

Chick-fil-A is good as is barilla pasta.

Chick-Fil-A is my favorite fast food. But the most amazing thing is their employees. They must have the most amazing HR on planet earth, because for the life of me I dont understand how they always find intelligent, hard-working, caring, employees for fast food wages. Doesn't matter what state or region you're in, their employees are competent & the exact opposite of what you think of when you think of fast food worker. If it isnt an MBA case study, it should be.

EPB

That makes sense then.

That was a joke.

I presume he means because the CEO is anti gay marriage because it turns out Barilla's CEO is too (hadn't rate heard of that before). He lives close to where I grew up, so I figured I'd look up where the closest one was, and it would be a real hike to go to the closest location from his town.

Sent from my VS988 using AlpineZone mobile app

machski

That makes sense then.

Chick-Fil-A is my favorite fast food. But the most amazing thing is their employees. They must have the most amazing HR on planet earth, because for the life of me I dont understand how they always find intelligent, hard-working, caring, employees for fast food wages. Doesn't matter what state or region you're in, their employees are competent & the exact opposite of what you think of when you think of fast food worker. If it isnt an MBA case study, it should be.
Do you think it has anything to do with every Sunday off and Christmas/Easter too? Almost unheard of in fast food/retail space and a nice perk of working for them.

Sent from my SM-T830 using AlpineZone mobile app

BenedictGomez

I presume he means because the CEO is anti gay marriage

He's been dead for 6 or 7 years. His son, who seems pretty moderate in comparion's in charge now, but even if not, SCOTUS made that a moot point 5 years ago.

In any event, that not a "principled" hill to die on, that's being a puppet dancing at the end of a well-publicized marionette tether. The teacup chihuahua in the handbag of Social Justice.

And I'd submit to you the targeting of CFA really didnt have to do so much with Cathy being against gay marriage, as much as it did with him giving great gobs of $$$$ to GOP candidates. Disagree with that? Okay. Fine. But if you do I've a got parchment scroll dropping to the floor sized list of high-profile liberal donors who profit off things demonstrably worse & far more anti-gay, and their companies arent targeted. Not even so much as a word let alone the kind of marketing dollars spent against CFA to make people like DHS feel like self-righteous martyrs for not eating a chicken sandwich.

BenedictGomez

Do you think it has anything to do with every Sunday off and Christmas/Easter too? Almost unheard of in fast food/retail space and a nice perk of working for them.

It is a nice perk, but I mean, I know tons of lovely, hard-working, principled, intelligent, atheists, so I don't think having a strong Christian policies in place is the answer. And I'm not sure mandatory Sundays off is actually a net positive, though I submit I could be wrong about that.

machski

It is a nice perk, but I mean, I know tons of lovely, hard-working, principled, intelligent, atheists, so I don't think having a strong Christian policies in place is the answer. And I'm not sure mandatory Sundays off is actually a net positive, though I submit I could be wrong about that.
I wasn't referencing from a Christian perspective, more that Chick-fil-A gives these days off regardless where most in the space are 7 days a week/ 365. At least you know you always get half the weekend off, more than can be said for other places. Easter maybe more of a Christian thing, but Christmas is more of a pagan family seasonal holiday beyond the Christian side of it now I think.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

EPB

.. but even if not, SCOTUS made that a moot point 5 years ago....

Not to be that guy, but I've been to a gay wedding for a very close friend (went to his bachelor party, too). Definitely on board with gay marriage and presumably against Chick-fil-A's "official" stance. That said, it's a dead issue, and changing behavior over it feels like beating a dead horse.

Sent from my VS988 using AlpineZone mobile app

deadheadskier

Staff member
He's been dead for 6 or 7 years. His son, who seems pretty moderate in comparion's in charge now, but even if not, SCOTUS made that a moot point 5 years ago.

In any event, that not a "principled" hill to die on, that's being a puppet dancing at the end of a well-publicized marionette tether. The teacup chihuahua in the handbag of Social Justice.

And I'd submit to you the targeting of CFA really didnt have to do so much with Cathy being against gay marriage, as much as it did with him giving great gobs of $$$$ to GOP candidates. Disagree with that? Okay. Fine. But if you do I've a got parchment scroll dropping to the floor sized list of high-profile liberal donors who profit off things demonstrably worse & far more anti-gay, and their companies arent targeted. Not even so much as a word let alone the kind of marketing dollars spent against CFA to make people like DHS feel like self-righteous martyrs for not eating a chicken sandwich.
Lol

K

Sent from my motorola one action using AlpineZone mobile app

BenedictGomez

Definitely on board with gay marriage and presumably against Chick-fil-A's "official" stance. That said, it's a dead issue, and changing behavior over it feels like beating a dead horse.

Yeah, I get that entirely. And I even think if you want to "boycott" them with your wallet as was said is fine, but ONLY if it's part of a broader holistic action. If not, you just look like a giant virtue signalling douchebag if you just pick the publicized "trendy" ones.

For instance, if you're boycotting Chick-Fil-A, then you better not (((((checks the 478 entries on aforementioned long parchment scroll for an example))))), have a Netflix account given they're more than happy to film in & carry flics of nations that execute gay people due to low labor & filming costs. Executing gays seems pretty bad if you care about that sort of thing, but hey, that's just my opinion.

p_levert

Ikon Pass provides more details on their Adventure Assurance program: https://www.ikonpass.com/en/adventure-assurance

I think it's kind of lame. What I don't like is the "7 consecutive days or 21 total days" threshold for the single destination option. Why have a threshold at all? Also, you get diddly for partial shutdown (ie. severe capacity limitation).

Cobbold

Off topic, but while watching law and order on WE channel, saw my first epic pass tv ad, thought I was seeing things at first, thought it was a very good ad. Wonder that means if vail is running ads?

JimG.

Staff member
Ikon Pass provides more details on their Adventure Assurance program: https://www.ikonpass.com/en/adventure-assurance

I think it's kind of lame. What I don't like is the "7 consecutive days or 21 total days" threshold for the single destination option. Why have a threshold at all? Also, you get diddly for partial shutdown (ie. severe capacity limitation).

Property owners must be furious.

Imagine owning a property at a ski resort and being told you are limited to 21 days total per season.

cdskier

Property owners must be furious.

Imagine owning a property at a ski resort and being told you are limited to 21 days total per season.

Huh? That's not at all what they're saying. The 21 day number is the threshold for a single resort being closed to get a refund. It is either 7 consecutive days or 21 days total. So if Sugarbush for example was closed 6 days in December (after December 10th), 6 days in January, 6 days in February, and 6 days in March, that would be 24 days of closure total. That exceeds the 21 day threshold so if you chose Sugarbush as your "single destination" option for the Adventure Assurance protection, you'd get a credit for whatever percentage 24 days is of the core season.

It has nothing to do with how many days per season you ski personally (or are allowed to ski).

JimG.

Staff member
Huh? That's not at all what they're saying. The 21 day number is the threshold for a single resort being closed to get a refund. It is either 7 consecutive days or 21 days total. So if Sugarbush for example was closed 6 days in December (after December 10th), 6 days in January, 6 days in February, and 6 days in March, that would be 24 days of closure total. That exceeds the 21 day threshold so if you chose Sugarbush as your "single destination" option for the Adventure Assurance protection, you'd get a credit for whatever percentage 24 days is of the core season.

It has nothing to do with how many days per season you ski personally (or are allowed to ski).

Read more carefully...my bad. I'm getting cross eyed with all these restrictions and cut-offs.

BenedictGomez

Does anyone know if any resort has addressed my curiosity regarding vaccination? I haven't even heard of any mention the issue. Clearly most are taking a, "we'll cross that bridge when we come to it" thing, and I think that's a real mistake rather than preparing for it & preparing the general public for it.

Glade Monkey

Their "core" season from 12/10 to 4/11 is 122 days. So your example of 24 days closed due to COVID would be just under 20% credit towards next year's IKON.

JimG.

Staff member
Does anyone know if any resort has addressed my curiosity regarding vaccination? I haven't even heard of any mention the issue. Clearly most are taking a, "we'll cross that bridge when we come to it" thing, and I think that's a real mistake rather than preparing for it & preparing the general public for it.

Nothing that I've seen. A total zero. Assume they are thinking there will not be a vaccine in time to plan for such a thing this season. I feel that is reasonable.

I know I'm not going to the front of the vaccination line when it is available considering the rush to develop and profit from it. I'll wait to see how you make out.