• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Season Pass Options/Considerations

BenedictGomez

BG- I would point out that JimG is complaining about the exact same thing that I have complained about.

I know, right! It's almost like he repeated something he just recently heard. Contextually it's rather obviously wrong here too given I replied to precisely his claim, but I notice you didn't point that out. As for the "bold" bit? People on forums do that to highlight the portion of the text they're chiefly replying too. #InternetTipsForOldPeople

deadheadskier

Staff member
Contrast that with MYSELF. I was scheduled to have surgery at MGH on August 11th. I needed a COVID test with a negative result no more than 72 hours prior to surgery. I had a test done in Lynn, Ma at the old Union Hospital, a sister hospital to MGH. I had the results at 8:30 THE NEXT MORNING. They were negative and I had my second fusion surgery on Tuesday August 11. Not sure if I'll be healed AND Rehabbed in time to ski this winter, but happily I can stand up straight without much pain for the fist time in a few years. Now the trick is to remember to stand up straight as I am SO used to stooping from the pain.
Best wishes for a swift recovery and getting back on snow. Hopefully this recent fusion is the last you will need. My dad has had six + 1 revision over the past ten years. Seems finally good. Amazingly he still can golf, which he may love more than I do skiing. Hope you have a similar return to glory

Sent from my motorola one action using AlpineZone mobile app

deadheadskier

Staff member
I know, right! It's almost like he repeated something he just recently heard. Contextually it's rather obviously wrong here too given I replied to precisely his claim, but I notice you didn't point that out. As for the "bold" bit? People on forums do that to highlight the portion of the text they're chiefly replying too. #InternetTipsForOldPeople

#internetTipsforayoungperson

Three posts in a row of being a condescending prick.

Cut the BS

Sent from my motorola one action using AlpineZone mobile app

JimG.

Staff member
I seized precisely on your main point, and yes, you're laying blame at the completely incorrect party. If I'm at fault it's for not spending more time explaining the testing process to you, but at the end of the day, suffice it to say let's just leave it at the fact that the Federal government is not to blame for you not getting the test results quicker.

I'm not blaming anyone or attacking anything; all I'm saying is that your previous comment that COVID testing is "impressive" is false in my experience. It seems like a joke to me.

I'm not looking for entirely obvious explanations from you either. Or your interpretation of my experience.

So then I assume your answer is yes you believe that US COVID testing is impressive.

BenedictGomez

So then I assume your answer is yes you believe that US COVID testing is impressive.

You're correct. But you will never read that anywhere, or see it on TV. Thus I dont expect anyone in this thread or elsewhere in the general public to agree with me, unless they're other industry insiders who understand what it takes to logistically build such a thing out from literally virtually scratch for a country of 330 Million human beings.

That said, with regards to "your story" as it were, none of that was what I was talking about, I was merely saying that you were laying blame at the incorrect feet. Your beef is with the Reference laboratory, not the Federal Government. That was the entire point of my post, though admittedly perhaps I wasnt clear enough. If it came across as "condescending" as D.H.S. claims, that was not my intention.

Last edited:

JimG.

Staff member
You're correct. But you will never read that anywhere, or see it on TV. Thus I dont expect anyone in this thread or elsewhere in the general public to agree with me, unless they're other industry insiders who understand what it takes to logistically build such a thing out from literally virtually scratch for a country of 330,000,000.

That said, with regards to "your story" as it were, none of that was what I was talking about, I was merely saying that you were laying blame at the incorrect feet. Your beef is with the Reference laboratory, not the Federal Government. That was the entire point of my post, though perhaps I wasnt clear enough.

There, that wasn't so hard. Again I have no "beef" with anything. I brought my kid to get a test and couldn't get a result. I'm certainly not paying for it.

We disagree on this issue of "impressive". Time to move on.

JimG.

Staff member
Will they be testing at the door of the lodge? Passing a test means nothing. You can pass a test, leave the test room and get infected walking back to your car. The antigen test is more important I would say but apparently that test has accuracy issues. This ski season is going to suck. Hopefully by the 21-22 season a few vaccines are out and it won't be an issue anymore.

Really and sadly well said. I feel similarly and am preparing mentally for it.

I got my NY SKI3 a few days ago. I'll still somehow make the $760 investment worth it.

p_levert

FWIW, I am a programmer and maintain a website. Not a young dude, but very capable of using the ignore feature.

You found a quick excuse for the fact that I find you obnoxious. But, dude, it's not just me that has this opinion. Just in the last couple of days there has been Hawk, JimG, Deadheadskier and ScottySkis, all have objected to your style or content.

You are far from the dumbest person who posts around here (we'll forget about "war in piece"). Your libertarian/Trumpy politics don't really appeal to me, but that's fine, you're not the only one. But man you are an overwhelming know-it-all and distorter.

Post less, be happy.

MEtoVTSkier

FWIW, I am a programmer and maintain a website. Not a young dude, but very capable of using the ignore feature.

You found a quick excuse for the fact that I find you obnoxious. But, dude, it's not just me that has this opinion. Just in the last couple of days there has been Hawk, JimG, Deadheadskier and ScottySkis, all have objected to your style or content.

You are far from the dumbest person who posts around here (we'll forget about "war in piece"). Your libertarian/Trumpy politics don't really appeal to me, but that's fine, you're not the only one. But man you are an overwhelming know-it-all and distorter.

Post less, be happy.

Wow really? You name 4 people, one who SUPPOSEDLY left AZ, 2 who are Mods, and Hawk... who is Hawk. Has good days and bad days, just like the rest of us. Out of....
Members 18,935

Pretty large contingent there don't seem to be complaining. Just the usual complainers. Plus, it's still summer, so who the hell cares who is complaining.

You complaining about people using Bold to draw others eyes to the text they wish to talk about is hilarious in a Pot meets Kettle way.

:roll::roll::roll:

jaytrem

Out of....

18,935 members

Now that's funny. Remove the 1, the 8, and the 9, and then maybe you have the # of active members. Probably a little high though. Hopefully things pick up if we have a ski season.

Edd

Anyone buy a season pass lately?

I’m heading into the season with unrealistic optimism and will try to roll with the punches. I’ve got the North Conway area dialed with season passes to Catitash, BW, and Cranmore. Mostly skiing weekdays so I’m hoping I can do last minute switches when things get weird. For quicker day trips, I’ve got passes to Gunstock, Sunapee, and Crotched. This’ll be my most New Hampshire-centric season ever.

Like all of us, I feel screwed by last season closing early. I was on my best roll in years for ski days.

JimG.

Staff member
I’m heading into the season with unrealistic optimism and will try to roll with the punches. I’ve got the North Conway area dialed with season passes to Catitash, BW, and Cranmore. Mostly skiing weekdays so I’m hoping I can do last minute switches when things get weird. For quicker day trips, I’ve got passes to Gunstock, Sunapee, and Crotched. This’ll be my most New Hampshire-centric season ever.

Like all of us, I feel screwed by last season closing early. I was on my best roll in years for ski days.

I will be weekday skiing this coming season as well. Looking like mostly NY but still holding out hope I won't have to defer my K weekday pass to 21-22.

snoseek

Anyone buy a season pass lately?

Epic military. I feel like I should get an indy to get some mellow days in and support the local places.

I told my employer from january 3rd till mid aprilish I will only be available to work friday saturday and sunday and that I'll need the month of february off. I'm sure they'll figure it out, I've given them plenty of lead time.