• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Permanent Industry Changes in the Post-COVID World

Status
Not open for further replies.

KustyTheKlown

I am not saying that
I am saying that we are being asked now more than ever to respect people differences. But in this case it’s “fuck their concerns” based on 400 years of abuse at the hands of the white man.
Now it’s round them up and vaccinate them or “choot ‘em”

you are talking about the paradox of the tolerant, and its a bullshit argument. a tolerant society does not need to tolerate the intolerant. the unvaccinated are the intolerant.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I went to two D&C shows this summer
No one and I mean NO ONE looked at my card long enough to even read my name. The second night my wife never even had hers checked. It was a joke. It sounded nice and virtuous I will agree but was never going to be properly vetted.

Given the timing of the announcement, the means of proof readily available and the size of the crowd, obviously the enforcement was going to be lax.

I see 3 to 5 shows a month at my local music club. Capacity is 150 indoors or 250 outdoors. Vax or negative test required and they check it well.

Now sure, you could have a fake credential, but eventually there will be apps that are conclusive. Many larger shows you show your phone and QR code as your ticket to enter. No reason Live Nation or Ticketmaster couldn't incorporate Vax status into that QR code.

And if you want to be all free market, go to a Ted Nugent or Kid Rock concert. I'm sure they will welcome you with open arms.

Andrew B.

the logistics of checking 60,000 cards/apps is difficult. by requiring attendees to be vax or test, you at least set the expectation and then the overwhelming majority of the audience is compliant, not wanting to risk getting turned away and eating the cost of their ticket. enforcement is difficult, but the presence of the rule itself causes substantial compliance.

do I literally mean people should receive physical harm for not getting vaccinated? of course not (aside from them getting covid and dying of covid, which I welcome with open arms). but yea, no forced sodomy with rusted appliances at all. what i do want, and what has been my clear point all day and prior, is that these people should be excluded from society. if they don't want to take a simple pro community step, they don't deserve to enjoy the benefits of community.
So you agree that vax card checks at major events are a joke and never going to be properly enforced.
I heard you could buy fake vax cards on shakedown st. I think you idea about banning them from the community is also un-enforceable.

KustyTheKlown

no i dont agree. what i think is what I typed on the last post of the prior page.

you really like to use ridiculous "but but but" arguments that don't apply to the majority of people.

Andrew B.

Given the timing of the announcement, the means of proof readily available and the size of the crowd, obviously the enforcement was going to be lax.

I see 3 to 5 shows a month at my local music club. Capacity is 150 indoors or 250 outdoors. Vax or negative test required and they check it well.

Now sure, you could have a fake credential, but eventually there will be apps that are conclusive. Many larger shows you show your phone and QR code as your ticket to enter. No reason Live Nation or Ticketmaster couldn't incorporate Vax status into that QR code.

And if you want to be all free market, go to a Ted Nugent or Kid Rock concert. I'm sure they will welcome you with open arms.
Motor city mad man yeah !..!

At your show experience they matched your card to you ID and the person doing it was qualified to recognize a fake?

KustyTheKlown

thats not the point. the enforcement is not the point. like are you really this dense? the presence of the rule creates substantial compliance absent active enforcement.

2Planker

What Canada has done to their economy with these policies could be catastrophic. Time will tell. But they banned everyone including Canadians so your saying closing the borders because “some” travelers “may” harm Americans would be ok in your mind?

I would also bet the large majority of Americans aren’t concerned with zipping over to Quebec to ski lol.

I have no problem with private businesses enforcing vaccine/testing mandates. But it’s on them not the Fed’s to enforce it. People will make their choices and many free market forces will determine those businesses fate.

to my knowledge we don’t require employers to require any other vaccines?

Andrew B.

thats not the point. the enforcement is not the point. like are you really this dense? the presence of the rule creates substantial compliance absent active enforcement.
Sounds nice doesn’t it
I bet you were a good little rule follower your whole life.
I know I can’t claim that virtuosity
I had a fake ID to buy beer as a kid. Creatively worked my way into many situations. That’s a given. Not recognizing that is foolish.

KustyTheKlown

there will always be a handful of pieces of shit like you in any crowd, no matter the rule, you're correct about that bit.

2Planker

What Canada has done to their economy with these policies could be catastrophic. Time will tell. But they banned everyone including Canadians so your saying closing the borders because “some” travelers “may” harm Americans would be ok in your mind?

I would also bet the large majority of Americans aren’t concerned with zipping over to Quebec to ski lol.

I have no problem with private businesses enforcing vaccine/testing mandates. But it’s on them not the Fed’s to enforce it. People will make their choices and many free market forces will determine those businesses fate.

to my knowledge we don’t require employers to require any other vaccines?
Unless you're in HealthCare.

Required Vacc's for Healthcare workers
Hepatitis B
Influenza
Varicella (Chicken Pox)
MMR - Measles, Mumps, Rubella
TDap (Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis)
Meningococcal
Now add Covid

deadheadskier

Staff member
Motor city mad man yeah !..!

At your show experience they matched your card to you ID and the person doing it was qualified to recognize a fake?

Yes they match your ID to a CDC card. About as good as an option available with current tech. Certainly could be better options. Like I said, tying vax status to the ticket QR code.

You really seemed to be bothered by all of this. I'm surprised you just didn't skip the D&C show all together. Vote with your wallet while the opportunity is currently there to do so.

Andrew B.

Yes they match your ID to a CDC card. About as good as an option available with current tech. Certainly could be better options. Like I said, tying vax status to the ticket QR code.

You really seemed to be bothered by all of this. I'm surprised you just didn't skip the D&C show all together. Vote with your wallet while the opportunity is currently there to do so.
I am not bothered at all. You have me confused with the guy espousing physical violence. I am a much more “live and let live guy”. Just a slow day at work. 😉

I would never let something as benign as a musicians reasonable request keep me from enjoying their music.

abc

I am saying that we are being asked now more than ever to respect people differences. But in this case it’s “fuck their concerns” based on 400 years of abuse at the hands of the white man.
People's "difference" is in their skin color, which they're born with. Not their backward thinking, which they choose to adopt! To "respect" the latter is ludicrous.

"400 years of abuse at the hand of the white man"? So blacks are forever second class because their ancestors were abused so they can't think straight?

And if you want to talk about being lied to by "the government", what about the soldiers who were being subjected to agent orange, fallout of atomic bomb testing, and amphetamine? Should we make vet's vaccine waiver too because their distrust of government?

Last edited:

boston_e

For full disclosure, I'm vaccinated, my entire family (even the extended family) is vaccinated. They work, I'm for folks getting them.

Serious question though, how do you know that someone who may have chosen not to be vaccinated, hasn't already had COVID and recovered from it (thus obtaining antibodies that way)? Or have we just completely thrown all science out the door in favor of a piece of paper/screen on our phones, that allows one to viture signal?

Now if you wanted folks to get quality antibody tests, and have that be a sign of those who are at risk of contracting COVID, then that I would be all for.

Antibodies to COVID certainly aren't only acquired through vaccines, that is just pure unadulterated science, yet there are many who just want to completely ignore that. That is an issue

My answer to that question is: Get the vaccine anyway. Zero negative in getting it, and some recent research seems to be pointing to that the best immunity of all is in people who have both recovered from COVID and received an MRNA vaccine.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I am not bothered at all. You have me confused with the guy espousing physical violence. I am a much more “live and let live guy”. Just a slow day at work. 😉

I would never let something as benign as a musicians reasonable request keep me from enjoying their music.

A little strange that you aren't bothered by it, but yet you continue to challenge the notion of it including what my personal experience was like.
I think it's pretty well established that the rusty dildo comment was in fact hyperbole and Kusty isn't actually calling for physical violence. People who are pro vax are simply tired of the situation and those who still deny the evidence that the more people who get the vaccine, the better off we all are.

Andrew B.

People's "difference" is in their skin color, which they're born with. Not their backward thinking, which they choose to adopt! To "respect" the latter is ludicrous.

"400 years of abuse at the hand of the white man"? So blacks are forever second class because their ancestors were abused?

And if you want to talk about being lied to by "the government", what about the soldiers who were being subjected to agent orange, fallout of atomic bomb testing, and amphetamine? Should we make vet's vaccine waiver too because their distrust of government?
People’s differences have nothing to do with the color of their skin In my mind. It speaks to your life experiences and the things you have been raised to believe.

Not sure what your definition of 2nd class citizen is but that’s not mine. I thought it was clear, I respect their concerns because we have seen them abused for 400 years. “Here take this blanket infected with chicken pox it will keep you warm” “let’s go to Tuskegee it’s a nice place and they will take care of you”. Do you think that those experiences should not be respected?
“of course it’s for your and the countries best interest we wouldn’t lie to you” I would run like hell of I heard that.

Status
Not open for further replies.