• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Gunstock Management team resigns

deadheadskier

Staff member
lol wow. sweet lunatics running the asylum you got there, new hampshire.

Generally speaking, I'm quite happy with how the state is run; especially our Governor. He's what I wish all Republicans were. But some of the local politics is downright nutty. Thankfully not my town or those in the immediate surrounding area.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Norm Sibler claps back. Says George Soros is potentially funding the resistance against what he and his clown crew are trying to do.

Right. George Soros cares about what happens at Gunstock. What a fucking joke.

thetrailboss

Staff member
No surprise, but Gunstock has shut down operations. Peter posted a link to the video of the meeting where the resignation occurred.

KustyTheKlown

Generally speaking, I'm quite happy with how the state is run; especially our Governor. He's what I wish all Republicans were. But some of the local politics is downright nutty. Thankfully not my town or those in the immediate surrounding area.

sununu and phil scott are what republicans should be.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Sorta kinda. There are definitely some good things, but the MBTA has really really deteriorated since he took office.

Sure, no politician is without fault. But he, Sununu and Scott are at least factual and measured. They're not Marjorie Taylor Green types, which is what the clowns on the commission are.

djd66

Sorta kinda. There are definitely some good things, but the MBTA has really really deteriorated since he took office.
Not Charlie’s fault,… this goes back to MBTA - Mr Bulger’s Tansit Authority. Way too many hacks from a long time ago screwed it up.

MadPadraic

Not Charlie’s fault,… this goes back to MBTA - Mr Bulger’s Tansit Authority. Way too many hacks from a long time ago screwed it up.
He inherited a financially tough situation and used it as an excuse. Under his watch the T is much worse. His T oversight board was supposed to help, but things have gotten significantly worse since then in terms of maintenance, safety and on-time service. Additionally, he chose to significantly cut back commuter-rail service to the burbs and shutdown the post-bar sweeps in the urban core. His general anti-T approach has also severely weakened the public benefit of projects like the pike/storrow/west station reconfig.

slatham

I’m sorry but when someone says “has ties to organizations believed to be funded in large measure by George Soros” is just code for right wing republican extremist to just trust the person writing said text. No better way to raise the hackles of the right than to mention George…..

thebigo

sununu and phil scott are what republicans should be.
Agreed in general except for covid, sununu never closed NH to new englanders.

My mother is a Democrat from birth, her parents grew up in the Manchester mills during the labor movements. Mom had the sununu boys in her class as a kindergarten teacher. Give mom a cocktail and she will inevitably bring up the sununu family. Gifts at every holiday, gratitude at every drop-off. Mom has voted democrat every time she could except for when there was a sununu on the ballot.

Smellytele

Agreed in general except for covid, sununu never closed NH to new englanders.

My mother is a Democrat from birth, her parents grew up in the Manchester mills during the labor movements. Mom had the sununu boys in her class as a kindergarten teacher. Give mom a cocktail and she will inevitably bring up the sununu family. Gifts at every holiday, gratitude at every drop-off. Mom has voted democrat every time she could except for when there was a sununu on the ballot.
Your mom was a teacher in Salem? Maybe I had her.

MadPadraic

….and dumping the cost of the Big Dig onto the MBTA.

At the risk of derailing this thread, it is too apropos not to highlight that Orange line caught fire just as we were pontificating about the T.

tumbler

I can't put all the blame on Baker for the T issues. It is a corrupt, bullshit organized operation. It's roots are too deep. The only way to undo it is shut it down, fire everyone down to the operators and drivers and start over. I can't even begin to describe how many useless layers there are. Baker is also getting stained on his way out by the Dems so they can win the election and tarnish Baker's national appeal.

BodeMiller1

A few years ago The Concord Police Chief made a comment that he needed a BearCat in part because of the threat the FreeStaters posed. One of the problems in New Hampshire is there is a ton of money; another is we fight (with the pen) for land.

I was surprised to see The Gunstock story on the front page of The Union Leader. Let's hope this is resolved within 30 days.