• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ikon Pass Changes and New Resorts for 2023

JDMRoma

Bronze valid on weekends early and late season is compelling. Any idea if the renewal discount applies if you step down a level? Go from silver to bronze?
I dont think it matters, when you get to the season pass page it just asks I need a pass or renew. renew pricing should be there

ThatGuy

killington is only 'better' than sugarbush for ease of access, proximity to cheap lodging, and a serious commitment to early/late season

on snow sugarbush is better in like every category. i think that's objective. killington claims 3000 vertical but in practice its a bunch of pods with less than 1400 vertical. sugarbush is true 2000+ vertical

killington has better groomers. only on snow category i would give them. in bounds glades may be equal between the two places.
The best thing about Killington is all the gapers it absorbs that would otherwise go further north.

skiur

killington is only 'better' than sugarbush for ease of access, proximity to cheap lodging, and a serious commitment to early/late season

on snow sugarbush is better in like every category. i think that's objective. killington claims 3000 vertical but in practice its a bunch of pods with less than 1400 vertical. sugarbush is true 2000+ vertical

killington has better groomers. only on snow category i would give them. in bounds glades may be equal between the two places.
K blows bush away in snowmaking which for much of the season is a major factor. K blows bush away with it's spring scene and any sort of apres all season long. K is also much bigger than bush (not that bush is small) so it can be shitty icy conditions on one side of the mountain and awesome conditions on another side.

JimG.

Staff member
K is better than SB for one big reason...it is not an unlimited destination on the IKON pass.

KustyTheKlown

Ikon just added panorama and that has me thinking about red revelstoke panorama and lake Louise. Prob will stick w my American plan, but tempting. Canabucks and cannabis.

KustyTheKlown

that would be a sick trip. yyc or geg?

prob calgary if i did it. and i'd prob cut out red since its out of the way. banff, rev, panorama are more doable together. especially if i pay for a day at kicking horse as a stopover place. still think i will stick to the original utah Idaho wyoming plan tho. tempted by bc. especially with the talk of more la nina stuff.

Just finished booking Lake Louise and Sunshine Village a few days ago so solid timing. Last year the southern (Taos+Wolf Creek) and northern (Schweitzer+Banff resorts+Fernie) ends of my roadtrip ended up being my favorites so I'm happy to be heading back with another mountain to check out, hopefully with more snow this time. Red was cool but was full on spring conditions at the end of February and as mentioned is just too out of the way to risk.

Edd

I very much enjoyed LL and Sunshine a few years back. It was an April trip I think and the town we stayed (Canmore) was fantastic. I was pretty blown away at the general scenic beauty of the Banff area.

KustyTheKlown

I very much enjoyed LL and Sunshine a few years back. It was an April trip I think and the town we stayed (Canmore) was fantastic. I was pretty blown away at the general scenic beauty of the Banff area.

i loved canmore. only complaint was its distance from lake louise. such a convenient and inexpensive little ski/gateway to the park town

yeah totally absurd. I was pretty jaded after a month and a half driving through the rockies but it was on another level up there. The mountains of course were one thing but the never ending expanse of the densest forest imaginable put it over the top for me.

BenedictGomez

The drive from Lake Louise to Edmonton through mostly nothing buy nature is probably the most beautiful drive I've been on.

yeggous

I thought I'd cross-post the link here. I'm running a group trip to Chamonix, one of the new Ikon destinatons. The group air is from Boston, but you can also provide your own air.

Yo VT Raps

Chamonix is a nice add. I dont plan to buy one of these passes this year but it does put the likelihood of me eventually going to Chamonix in this lifetime a bit higher. I just happen to have a Chamonix poster as my profile pic as well.

KustyTheKlown

i got an email today. i am not one to condone litigation against ski areas or ski passes, especially over the act of god level unexpected shit covid was. i opted out.

cdskier

So if you used your Ikon pass in the 2019/2020 season at least 7 days...you get $10 off another Ikon season pass as part of the settlement. I didn't have an Ikon back then (that was the last year of a standalone Sugarbush pass), so I'm not eligible. If I was, I agree with Kusty that I'd opt out as this is a stupid lawsuit.

Edd

got my passes today and instead of only useless stickers they included 2 coasters (along with the useless stickers)
which is nice.View attachment 54831
Coasters like that have disappeared from most restaurants over the last couple of years. Weird observation but I’m convinced it’s true. I could see those being a germ concern but they are handy.