• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

VAIL SUCKS

shawnanigans

I was at Sunday River some years ago on a freezing cold day. Liftie was in the shack when I pulled up to load. He never left the shack, he just hit the slow button until I loaded, then sped it back up. Gave him a thumbs up as I thought that was smart.
Same thing at the Mittersill Double at Cannon a couple weeks back. That area of the mountain was dead and it was super cold and windy so I had no problem with it and it worked fine.

thetrailboss

Staff member

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

drjeff

He's talking about this.

There were NUMEROUS things going on here, and not just on the part of Black's owner, that caused what happend last year.

The uphill crowd was doing a few things that certainly could of had some negative consequences for Black from state liquor permit issue in particular, if I recall correctly, and a minority of the uphill crowd, after being asked to stop, chose not to. The minority of folks creating problems for the majority, and then add in an owner of an area who is seemingly always hanging on by a financial thread, who was done putting up with those who chose not to follow what they were asked to do, and may not of done so in the most civil of ways. Lots of variables in play with this one

slatham

He's talking about this.

Sounds like Ski the Whites and the Drummond guy are idiots. Bite the hand that feeds you. Sounds more the like entitled attitude in NYC area than the mountain mentality. Its one thing when a minority ruin it for everyone else, but the head of the group? Thats every members fault.

KustyTheKlown

I do that several times a winter, but it isn't in the cards every single weekend while bringing a family in tow. I also don't want to put our dog in the kennel every weekend.

And do you have a time machine to get those $100 rooms? Sounds like pre-pandemic pricing. Haha

the super8 in white river junction is $110. its not nice, and its an hour from skiing, but it works for me, especially when moving from skiing noVT to soVT from sat to sun

xlr8r

the super8 in white river junction is $110. its not nice, and its an hour from skiing, but it works for me, especially when moving from skiing noVT to soVT from sat to sun
I haven't stayed at the Super 8, but have started staying at the other hotels nearby in White River Junction to Ski Killington and Pico on the cheap. Crazy that places in Rutland that used to be under $100 a night just a few years ago now go for close to $300 a night on weekends.

KustyTheKlown

I haven't stayed at the Super 8, but have started staying at the other hotels nearby in White River Junction to Ski Killington and Pico on the cheap. Crazy that places in Rutland that used to be under $100 a night just a few years ago now go for close to $300 a night on weekends.

Yea it’s wild. The hillside at killington is employee housing now. The rodeway inns are like homeless shelters. So is the quality inn. And the days inn and comfort inn are like $250 a night. Priced out of rutland!

deadheadskier

Staff member
If you are a Marriott Rewards guy, the Fairfield in White River is usually not a lot of points. Same with the Marriotts in Williston. I'm staying at the Courtyard in Williston Sunday night with my son for two days of skiing at Bolton.

thetrailboss

Staff member
So they overhired staff this season to make their resorts appear fully staffed and now the employees are paying the price?
"Paying the price? More like blessed to have worked for the greatest ski corporation in the world. A real badge of honor! You should really listen to my podcast about how awesome Vail is!"

katzrobtravel-750xx2728-1535-0-130.jpg