• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2023/2024 Season Passes

NYDB

I've never understood senior discounts, etc.

you should have more money at that time in your life than ever and you get a discount?

if anything give young parents the discount on their passes.

KustyTheKlown

the seniors can ski midweek when the place is dead and they want to drum up ancillary revenue

the parents with kids ski weekends when everything is at peak busy. no reason for discounting at all.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
the seniors can ski midweek when the place is dead and they want to drum up ancillary revenue

the parents with kids ski weekends when everything is at peak busy. no reason for discounting at all.

Exactly. Same as literally any other business in this age of dynamic pricing.

Living in UT now I try to go to Vegas a couple times a year (NASCAR weekend+ midweek fun trip) and the pricing variances are INSANE. I've seen rooms at the Venetian that goes for $500+ on a weekend be $110 during the week. Even the shitty to-be-replaced-soon Luxor and Excalibur are generally $30 a night midweek and $150+ on a normal weekend. And forget about F1 weekend, Superbowl weekend, etc.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Exactly. Same as literally any other business in this age of dynamic pricing.

Living in UT now I try to go to Vegas a couple times a year (NASCAR weekend+ midweek fun trip) and the pricing variances are INSANE. I've seen rooms at the Venetian that goes for $500+ on a weekend be $110 during the week. Even the shitty to-be-replaced-soon Luxor and Excalibur are generally $30 a night midweek and $150+ on a normal weekend. And forget about F1 weekend, Superbowl weekend, etc.
You’re not skiing today? I’m posting this from Wildcat Chair.

thebigo

Kid will be training at attitash on friday, I bought a day ticket to ski with kids and coaches. Vail tuned around and sent me a $100 coupon for epic pass, puts northeast midweek at $320. Damn near giving it away. Feel like it would be hard not get value out of it at $320, spent $200 on midweek attitash/sunapee tickets this year alone.

AdironRider

Dartmouth Skiway pass (less than 3 minutes from my house) is a screaming deal at 119 for an employee of the college and an Indy +. For under 500 bucks I've got 51 days in so far this year and have yet to wait in a line longer than 7 minutes, which was for the Jet triple at Jay at 11am this past Sunday. This is my first winter of sub-10 a day skiing when I haven't worked for a ski area and I'm riding that train next year as well.

Bratwurst

you should have more money at that time in your life than ever and you get a discount?

That's a stereotype that all seniors have piles of cash. Many are on fixed incomes and can't afford to ski without discounts. That's like saying all fat guys who have jet skis and look like Steven Seagall should pay 25% extra for lift tickets and passes and buying food at ski areas. After all they take up 50% more space on the chairlifts and eat all the carrots in the cafeteria

seagal munchie.gif

thetrailboss

Staff member
I have been out for 2 weeks with a hot spot that popped and got infected with Cellulitis. Hoping to take a run this afternoon as day zero of being back on snow. I've been doing light work the past week (aka...run the magic carpet).
Ugh. Sorry to hear that. A bad two weeks to be off from skiing.

icecoast1

They should, but many don't.

There are discounts for younger people out there but they should definitely be expanded.

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

Nice they add a teen price tier for Epic as a father of two teens - makes for a significant price cut

ERJ-145CA

I bought my Mountain Creek pass a couple of weeks ago for $289. Since it's only 10 minutes from my house and I get a lot of weekdays off work it was a no brainer. Last year it was $279 and I've used it 22 days this season so far so it's been $12.70 a day. I'm usually there at opening weekday mornings skiing with the senior citizens.

cdskier

I'm trying to decipher this sentence. Did they add a teen tier? All I see is 5-12 and 13+. Two tiers.

Makes zero sense that a 13 year old pays full price and a college kid gets a deep discount.

Epic Local and Northeast Value both have a Teen (13-17) tier. Full Epic does not.

RH29

The question for me is, do I get Epic or Ikon, or just stick with Indy only?

For the fourth season, Indy is a non-negotiable. It provides a mix of daytrip options from CT (Mohawk, BEast, Bousquet, Catamount, Magic, even Pats and Shawnee are reasonable) and longer weekend trips (Bolton, Jay, Burke, Cannon, Waterville, maybe Saddleback). I also have two Epic day passes I still haven't used...maybe I'll save it for Stowe/Cannon spring skiing. Hmm...

Next season, I'm planning a trip out west. The question is, do I go the Indy route and do something like Brundage/Tamarack, or Silver/49N, PowMow, etc, or do I buy an Epic or Ikon and hit a megaresort? If anyone has experience with the western Indies or has faced a similar dilemma, let me know.

KustyTheKlown

The question for me is, do I get Epic or Ikon, or just stick with Indy only?

For the fourth season, Indy is a non-negotiable. It provides a mix of daytrip options from CT (Mohawk, BEast, Bousquet, Catamount, Magic, even Pats and Shawnee are reasonable) and longer weekend trips (Bolton, Jay, Burke, Cannon, Waterville, maybe Saddleback). I also have two Epic day passes I still haven't used...maybe I'll save it for Stowe/Cannon spring skiing. Hmm...

Next season, I'm planning a trip out west. The question is, do I go the Indy route and do something like Brundage/Tamarack, or Silver/49N, PowMow, etc, or do I buy an Epic or Ikon and hit a megaresort? If anyone has experience with the western Indies or has faced a similar dilemma, let me know.

i skied silver, mission ridge, and 49N last year, but it was in connection with schweitzer (ikon). the trip would have been a let down without schweitzer. in my opinion, most of the indy places are a waste of a plane ticket if not combined with better/bigger. i've heard good things about tamarack/brundage, but i'd likely need to join it with sun valley to get my rocks off. powmow kinda sucks. the lifts are painfully slow, and most pods are under 1000 vertical. silly to go to utah and only ski beaver and powmow, imo.