• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2010-11 Thread

fahz

Hey those that have Facebook accounts why not add Plattekill - might be worth a free day of skiing

Plattekill Mountain
Ski Plattekill is having a contest and the object is to grow there facebook fans to 2,000 by Feb 28th! If they reach that goal, they will have a FACEBOOK FAN DAY (date tbd) and give EVERY PLATTY FB fan a FREE TICKET to Ski Plattekill!!! ... 1300+ fans now, If your a skier boarder check them out (Copy this into your Status Bar)

xwhaler

Golf and Ski Warehouse Free Tune

http://www.golfskiwarehouse.com/newsletter.html
FREE Deluxe Ski or Snowboard Tune

Once again, February is FREE deluxe tune month at Golf & Ski Warehouse for all of our valued All-Star Rewards members. You will receive one free deluxe ski or snowboard tune per family member. This special FREE offer expires 2/28/11, so take advantage today!

This year, we ask that you please bring in a non-perishable food item to donate to local food shelves for each free tune. Your generosity will help people in need at the following programs:

•Upper Valley Haven in White River Junction, VT
•Florence House women’s shelter in Portland, ME
•Food Pantry and Assistance at Corpus Christi in Nashua, NH
•Seacoast Family Food Pantry of New Hampshire

I dropped my sticks off yesterday on the way home from Maine and they happily took my skis and the 3 cans I brought in. Be ready on Thursday....nice value as my edges are getting pretty marginal with 30+ days on them since the last time they were touched.

Skimaine

The Ski Rack (Bangor, ME) customer appreciation day lined-up for February 27th at the Loaf. $35 lift tickets.

SKI-3PO

I have 2 Black Mountain, NH midweek/non-holiday tickets from Ride & Ski New England cards that I probably won't be able to use. I'll give them away - 1 person each, FCFS, if you PM me your mailing address and promise to post a trip report.

xwhaler

The Ski Rack (Bangor, ME) customer appreciation day lined-up for February 27th at the Loaf. $35 lift tickets.

More details on this? How does one take advantage of this? Some coupon picked up at the store or "Like" them on Facebook or?
Planning to be at the Loaf on Sunday and if I could delay using my last Warren Miller 2 for 1 that would be great.

Skimaine

More details on this? How does one take advantage of this? Some coupon picked up at the store or "Like" them on Facebook or?
Planning to be at the Loaf on Sunday and if I could delay using my last Warren Miller 2 for 1 that would be great.

They only have a poster in the store. Nothing on FB or their website. I would call them, but it still may require a visit to the store.

soulseller

$38 Smuggs tix on Boston Groupon today.

I also have 1 Jay Peak Groupon ticket left that I would happily sell for the $45 I paid for it, message me if interested.

xwhaler

http://weei.radiotown.com/contests/quaker/
Buy 4 boxes of oatmeal at Shaws in the next 3 days and get a free ticket to Waterville or Wachusett...can't tell if you can choose or not.

I stopped last night at Shaws and picked up 8 boxes of Oatmeal currently on sale 2 for $5. Went through as 2 transactions as the offer indicated limit 2 per household.
The mail in sheet prints out with the receipt and it does give an option to select your 1st preference. I circled Waterville on both slips and mailed 2 envelopes this AM.

Be interesting to see if I get any tickets or some combo of Wa-Wa/Waterville.
I won't be able to use the Wa-Wa voucher so if anyone ended up with WV that wanted Wa-Wa let me know.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Have a 25 cent ski day at Cochrans! 3/5/11

Happy 50th Anniversary to Cochran's Ski Area!!! On Saturday, March 5th, we'll roll back the clock to 1961 prices. All lift tickets will be 25 cents...that's right, 25 cents! Join us for a day of celebrating America's first non-profit ski area. We'll have a vintage 1960's slalom race (2:00)
Source: http://www.cochranskiarea.com/

EOS

http://weei.radiotown.com/contests/quaker/
Buy 4 boxes of oatmeal at Shaws in the next 3 days and get a free ticket to Waterville or Wachusett...can't tell if you can choose or not.

THANK YOU!!
I bought 4 boxes yesterday, no signage at all in the aisle about the deal, went and checked out, the cashier handed me the paperwork that printed out of the coupon printer to fill out and send in for my free ticket!

Hopefully the ticket gets here before spring....

andyaxa

Yah, the oatmeal deal makes sense even if you don't like oatmeal, still worth it. Take it to your local food pantry...help out PLUS get a free ticket.

Looks like Jay has been hitting Groupon pretty hard this year.