• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

March 12/13 storm reports

mister moose

I got up. Had Breakfast. Drove to the hill. 4th chair. Best day of the year. The end.

pcampbell

Wednesday - i skied with my wife and 3.5 year old in the morning at MRG where it was basically deserted. was dumping hard , very wet snow.

thursday - hit the double at MRG all morning- i couldn't take the wait onthe single but the double wait was maybe 5-7 minutes. i was able to get in 6 runs - did a lot of the terrain to the right side of the double (as you are coming up the lift) which is a lot of fun.

this morning i went into the woods a bit....... fun but man it is tiring plowing through this stuff

13148577905_f7fe0739e2_c.jpg

13148558465_678aac727e_c.jpg

13148680933_9b606cf6fc_c.jpg

Warp Daddy

Skied 20 inches of fresh today at Titus , heading for 2 days of Gore followed by West next tuesday. Yee haa , it been an Epic season so far !

Edd

Hit SR today spontaneously. The leftovers were fabulous. The crowds, however, were Saturday-caliber. I was thinking some folks were getting an early jump on St Pats weekend but chairlift discussions convinced me a tremendous amount of people played hooky. Judging from staffing, SR was unprepared.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Cannonball

Just freaking sweet at Cannon today! No crowds. Went bell to bell with JDMRoma and Puckit. Took lots of pics and hope to get a trip report up. But at the moment I'm lucky if I can hold my beer without falling asleep and pouring it on myself.

Bumpsis

Just freaking sweet at Cannon today! No crowds. Went bell to bell with JDMRoma and Puckit. Took lots of pics and hope to get a trip report up. But at the moment I'm lucky if I can hold my beer without falling asleep and pouring it on myself.

Maaaan! I'm so jealous! This was my original plan, but there were severe consequences had I taken today off :(
I'm definitely going to be at Cannon tomorrow, with the rest of the world. I know it will be a zoo, but I hope a happy one.

Care to venture an opinion of how skied off the place will be by noon or do you think the snow will hold up (not ice up due to traffic)?
I'm just hoping for soft condition and that includes friendly moguls.

JDMRoma

How about that Last Tram ride……Holy$@#% coming in at the top !!
Last night was a one beer night for me too……..way too tired to get up for another.
We really had some nice runs….last one really burned the ole legs out though !

Great Day !!

SIKSKIER

I'm definitely going to be at Cannon tomorrow, with the rest of the world. I know it will be a zoo, but I hope a happy one.
I'm just hoping for soft condition and that includes friendly moguls.
You were correct.Pretty much a shit show for Cannon.The snow did stay soft though but a little too bumpy for this gs skier.Sunday was more to my liking with much faster (and colder) skiing.

Bumpsis

You were correct.Pretty much a shit show for Cannon.The snow did stay soft though but a little too bumpy for this gs skier.Sunday was more to my liking with much faster (and colder) skiing.

I found the snow to be rather heavy (lost of moisture) and mushy this past Saturday and quite a bit of the major trails were down the usual Cannon "hardpack". I call it ice, when I just can't get my edges in and do a happless series of side slides until I hit a clupm of snow.

However the trails off Zoomer were in best shape. Moguls were just really great. Burned up my quads in no time. Good time...:)

With the cold coming back for Sunday, it must have been really firm, I mean, realy "hardpacked". I'm glad you enjoyed yourself as well.

Cannonball

^ Saturday at Cannon didn't seem that bad to me. If you know where to be at what times crowds aren't much of an issue. We barely waited in a line, and the weather was just amazing.

LPWMinSMG.jpg

IMG_20140315_133354.jpg

JDMRoma

That's SM glade. It was a little heavier in this shot compared to when we hit it on Friday.

Amazing there were so few tracks in there even on Friday... Getting that on Saturday even better !!
Guess it pays to know where to go....