Waterville Valley Lift Issues

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 41
  1. #1
    thetrailboss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    NEK by Birth; Alta/Snowbird by Choice
    Posts
    27,439

    Waterville Valley Lift Issues

    Looks like Attitash is not the only one having major lift issues. Over the past few weeks at least two lifts have been out of service according to Liftblog.com.

    What is going on?

    http://www.waterville.com/blog/2019/...enance-updates
    Live, Ski, or Die!


  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    Looks like Attitash is not the only one having major lift issues. Over the past few weeks at least two lifts have been out of service according to Liftblog.com.

    What is going on?

    http://www.waterville.com/blog/2019/...enance-updates
    I am going to guess all these lift issues this season have some common cause that has led to Dopplemeyr and Lietner-Poma doing everything late.

  3. #3
    thetrailboss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    NEK by Birth; Alta/Snowbird by Choice
    Posts
    27,439
    Quote Originally Posted by benski View Post
    I am going to guess all these lift issues this season have some common cause that has led to Dopplemeyr and Lietner-Poma doing everything late.
    Being...what?

    They have Green, Sunnyside, and the new T-Bar down. Looks like Green is running now. Sunnyside doesn't even have chairs on it (!)
    Live, Ski, or Die!


  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    Being...what?

    They have Green, Sunnyside, and the new T-Bar down. Looks like Green is running now. Sunnyside doesn't even have chairs on it (!)
    No idea. Its been a really bad year for chair lift work, so I assume there is a common issue since it seams every project took way to long to finish. Then there are a bunch of lifts having major issues.

  5. #5
    One word......Age

    It's only going to get worse before it gets better.

    Read somewhere (Ropeways or Liftblog) about lift issues just being the tip of a large growing iceberg of issues related to the aging infrastructure.

  6. #6
    thetrailboss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    NEK by Birth; Alta/Snowbird by Choice
    Posts
    27,439
    Quote Originally Posted by skinowworklater View Post
    One word......Age

    It's only going to get worse before it gets better.

    Read somewhere (Ropeways or Liftblog) about lift issues just being the tip of a large growing iceberg of issues related to the aging infrastructure.
    Interesting. Liftblog linked to one of WV's Twitter posts stating that the Government Shutdown was the cause of these two lifts not opening. They said that NFS personnel were needed to inspect them. A lot of commenters were ripshit.
    Live, Ski, or Die!


  7. #7
    Jesus. What a shit show at my beloved WV! Sunnyside is almost 50 years old at this point so can't really blame anyone but ownership. The T-Bar won't be ready to go until the 14th at best and you figure after that they'll spin it for what 4-5 weeks before it closes for end of year... Good job guys. Green Peak going down is just a classic case of "ya hate to see it" after they downgraded that install from a new detach to the world's slowest triple. I just cannot stand this ownership group. Wait until White Peaks starts having fits due to age, it's creeping past 30 years old and one of the oldest detach lifts in the region.

    Sent from my Pixel using AlpineZone mobile app

    2014-2015
    11/3- Sunday River
    11/9- Bretton Woods
    12/13- Bretton Woods
    1/18- Wachusett
    1/25- Watatic
    1/29- Wachusett

    www.skibigsquaw.com

  8. #8
    Similar to Attitash, WV doesn't upgrade in time.

    Sunnyside,White Caps and Green Peak are all gonna need to be replaced sooner than later. The fact that they didn't put a detachable in for Green is just gonna come back to bite them in the ass (looks like its already starting)

  9. #9
    Didn't WV go with MND for their new lift?

    Sent from my Life Max using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    machski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Northwood, NH (Sunday River, ME)
    Posts
    1,565
    Quote Originally Posted by IceEidolon View Post
    Didn't WV go with MND for their new lift?

    Sent from my Life Max using Tapatalk
    If you are talking the T-Bar, it's an LST if I recall correctly.

    As to management lift decisions, the current management inherited the Green Triple from the previous management who cheapped out to get Green going and then sell. WV's biggest problem in my opinion is lack of terrain. Green helps, but they still can't grow too much variety. The current management has made some decent improvements I think (Lodge especially), but the lift infrastructure is going to need some big investments soon. Same goes with a lot of New England.

    Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 3:59 PM.