• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

12/26 - 27 Storm Discussion Thread

Greg

Staff member
Had to tell here. Maybe 6". Getting dry-slotted big time right now. Hope this thing picks up....

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I am just thrilled - so many resorts are gonna open up wide now,. Magic reporting 12-15 down south. I supposed Berkshire East will be wide open too. Early enough to take advantage of the holiday week. I hope the resort industry makes a fortune and customers spends a fortune. I'll come out after they are all gone!!
Wishing you best of snows in MRV KingM. It will all even out in the end.

dmc

14" on the ground here in Hunter... At least in my yard...

WinnChill

Got up early to shovel before breakfast. Maybe a skiff, a few pathetic flakes dropping from the sky. Wow, they should have stuck with their earlier forecast of nothing.

Certainly the screw-zone in NW VT--just out of reach from the heavier snow bands....sorry King. While many area forecasts are working out, I should've adjusted that area down more.

nelsapbm

I'm about 20 miles south and east of Burlington and it's been snowing since about 11pm but I couldn't tell you how much snow we have as the wind has been blowing it and drifting all morning. Can see bits of grass in my back field but have foot high drifts in the front of the house.

KingM

Website
www.goldenlionriversideinn.com
Certainly the screw-zone in NW VT--just out of reach from the heavier snow bands....sorry King. While many area forecasts are working out, I should've adjusted that area down more.

Any chance it will be one of those things where it keeps snowing on the mountain on and off all day and suddenly they've got 16"?

(Trying to be optimistic. MRG's snow report this morning said 1 inch.)

WinnChill

Any chance it will be one of those things where it keeps snowing on the mountain on and off all day and suddenly they've got 16"?

(Trying to be optimistic. MRG's snow report this morning said 1 inch.)

While there'll be some light snow/flurries slowly tapering off into late PM/eve, moisture is really dwindling--dry air just off to your northwest. We'll be hard pressed to get much more additional accumulations. (I need to adjust MRG's forecast too...thanks for the heads up--it slipped through the cracks).

UVSHTSTRM

In the lowlands of the Upper Valley NH we have 18-22 inches of snow in Claremont, some wind as well causing a ground blizzard from time to time.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I don't know how much we got...too much wind. But one of the gutters was blown off the house and the 2nd floor tenant's car is stuck behind mine in the driveway since the handyman, as predicted, did not plow. Good thing I wasn't planning on going anywhere.

jaywbigred

http://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=NWS&issuedby=OKX&product=PNS

NWS reporting 32 inches in nearby Elizabeth, and I'd say we have at least that at my house. On my walk to the covered muni lot I have to park in when it snows, there were drifts over my bell button level and I'm 5' 11". I wish we could send the snow north though. Snow in the flatlands is as useless as tits on a bull.

Mt. Snow reporting 19" this morning though, with a lot of lifts running. Like! And more to come hopefully.

Johnskiismore

Website
www.skine.net
I'm going to say at my house 14-16 inches. Shoveled the driveway and deck last night and today, the wind is really blowing it around. Winter PDW! Waa-hoo! Loon tomorrow, Cannon Wednesday..... Kancamagus Rec Area tonight, rope tow and a lot of snow!

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
I'm going to say at my house 14-16 inches.
Double that at Cannon today. 28" sounds about right.

About 6-8" here in Ashland when I got up this morning. The wind is honking out there right now--snow is blowing totally horizontal-- so it is difficult to read a total. Definitely over a foot. Maybe a foot and a half? Just can't tell for sure with the wind. I bet ragged got a foot and a half for sure. Tenney should be skinable now as well.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
IMG_0396.JPG

I have 4-5 feet in my back yard depending on which way the wind is blowing at the moment.

Johnskiismore

Website
www.skine.net
I don't know how much we got...too much wind. But one of the gutters was blown off the house and the 2nd floor tenant's car is stuck behind mine in the driveway since the handyman, as predicted, did not plow. Good thing I wasn't planning on going anywhere.

I feel your pain, a little while ago I went into town, and on my road there was at least a foot and drifting snow much deeper leading to Route 3. Plow man is a no show. The road goes uphill back to my house so I was pretty sure I wouldn't make it. Tried and failed. Too much snow collecting under the car. Drove .5 mile to a storage facility and parked there, walked back to my house, no sooner did I walk in the frigin plow guy roars up the road!!