• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Has skiing/boarding changed you?

ERJ-145CA

I don't hibernate in the winter anymore. Skiing also basically dictated where I bought a house. I had to buy close to skiing but I also had to stay within an hour or so of Newark, NJ for work so I bought my home in the mountains of Jersey (the wife was dead set against the Poconos) and I live within 15 minutes of 2 ski areas. I used to hate Mountain Creek but I've realized lately that having a 1000' vertical mountain 10 minutes from my door is pretty damn good. I also like the hilly rural area I live in now, much more laid back than the crowded suburbs of northeast Jersey I used to live in.

ScottySkis

I don't hibernate in the winter anymore. Skiing also basically dictated where I bought a house. I had to buy close to skiing but I also had to stay within an hour or so of Newark, NJ for work so I bought my home in the mountains of Jersey (the wife was dead set against the Poconos) and I live within 15 minutes of 2 ski areas. I used to hate Mountain Creek but I've realized lately that having a 1000' vertical mountain 10 minutes from my door is pretty damn good. I also like the hilly rural area I live in now, much more laid back than the crowded suburbs of northeast Jersey I used to live in.
My dad had a town house their several years ago and it great midweek and nights mid week and they had a cheap ski card back then, i will travel to Mtn creek from nyc but when you like in the area its cool to have in your back yard. good luck with old owner how he done anything yet

ScottySkis

:snow::fangun:the beauty of clouds, fun of going down hill fast, getting outside, motivation sun in the winter, I sure my lungs would be more destroyed if I didnt ski mj factor,everthing snow , no allergies in winter, compared to summer omg , i be a fat fat ass if i didnt care about enjoying skiing to the most, and i probably would have used stuff to get high other then mj , which i do n,...ot do now but the past is the past, ya dont recomended it , skiing is a postive addiction excpet for spending but i spend with any thing you do in our society .

my poor knees

Yep skiing changed me all right. Tore a tendon in my right knee that never healed right and clicks when I bend it. My right arm muscles got crushed when I hooked onto a tree to avoid hitting another tree skiing in the woods. My finger got crushed between the 2 poles when I fell on a mogul run and has a big bump on it. This year I completely tore my left bicep tendon when a pole plant got stuck in the ice. Skiing has certainly changed my life :(

ERJ-145CA

My dad had a town house their several years ago and it great midweek and nights mid week and they had a cheap ski card back then, i will travel to Mtn creek from nyc but when you like in the area its cool to have in your back yard. good luck with old owner how he done anything yet

The new/old owner built a fancy new lodge, it's very nice, now if they would just replace that gondola contraption with a chairlift.

As for non-skiing improvements they built a big new tubing center, are building a mountain coaster and ziplines.

I only go there on weekdays as I get a lot of weekdays off. On the weekends that I'm off I'll usually take my son to Hidden Valley down the road, it's much less crowded.

Last edited: