• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2013-2014 Ski Season Goals

ScottySkis

I skied a lot, for me, last year and don't expect to get the skiing jones until August. That said, I would like to equal or top last season's 33 days. Work was very slow for me last winter and I am seriously considering either getting an apartment or house share in VT for the season or just driving out west for a month. I have 2 trips semi planned: First is to Ogden, UT with my girlfriend and the second is to Whitefish, MT with our ski club.

You can stay at cheap hotel in SLC for very little, you should do the month thing.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Modest goals

20 days on the hill and be in okay shape. Get to know Attitash well and Wildcat / Crothed better as I'll be getting a Peaks Granite Pass for this season.

Between full time school and work, I have very limited time to get myself in the shape I want to be in nor ski all that much. Most of the winter I have only Sundays off and the ability to ski afternoons/evenings twice a week. If I skied all three available days every week, my goal would be to not get served divorce papers :lol:

If I luck out like this past year and squeeze in 25 with an epic AZ Summit and Snoe.down weekend mixed in, I'll be very satisfied once again :daffy:

drjeff

I'll go with my standard seasonal goals

#1 Ski at least 40 days check

#1a - ski more days than Glenn's wife has different ski coats ;) :lol: :spin: based on a FB pic I saw last weekend this is still questionable!! :lol:

#2 Ski on at least every day of the week (means I took a full ski vacation week) check

#3 No major injuries so far so good

#4 Try and remain faster than my kids! (this one will likely be the most challenging and I'm guessing the last year that I might have it listed as a seasonal goal! And that's an AWESOME thing!) barely hanging on here!!

:)