• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2016-2017 Season Pass Plans

CoolMike

The usual SR gold for 4 of us. But kiddo having ACL surgery in 3 weeks - so not sure what to do about hers. Pay in installments - first one tomorrow. No one at SR pass office today to ask - thinking we'll pay for it and then cancel if skiing seems impossible. if she's doing great and can start in December/jan - don't want to pay MSRP then. No experience with ACL - but my kiddo's tough and young and in good shape - so hopeful. Although MD says skiing is last sport to reintroduce...but he probably doesn't understand lmao.

Get the kiddo a heavy duty ACL protection brace? Or perhaps teach the kiddo to snowboard? Young folks tend to recover pretty quick from surgery. Us old folks would surely want to miss a year or at least most of a year.

SkiFanE

Thanks for advice. SR pass office hasn't returned my call yet - we've put down a $50 deposit on pass, and got charged first payment today. I know others have gotten $ back from injuries over summer. Ideally they would put a note in our record, I won't pay now but then if she's returned by January and could ski, they'd offer the same early pricing deal. After 10 years of buying 4-5 golds/season I hope they'd be a tad bit flexible and nice lol. But like you all say - kids rebound quick and she loves going to PT, so I know she'll try hard to recover. And when you're a family of diehards who go all in for skiing - what's $749? Lmao. Sometimes you don't question the price of addiction, just pay it.

Razor

We're into the New England Bronze midweek pass with the MAX pass add on. Looking at midweek skiing at SR and Loon and a number of trips to Killington and Stratton. Also have scheduled a trip to Big Sky and at least one trip to Colorado. Also one trip to Tremblant. We're retired, and this could be our last big ski year. A great pass option that we can't do this year but will look at in the future is the $99 midweek boomer pass at Sugarbush.

drjeff

I'm just messing with you. I know you're way too....detailed or accurate to count them twice. If lived in CT I would have been honored to let you fix my teeth (and that would have pretty much paid for all your skiing for the next 10 years, all because of a 5th grade basketball accident, doh).

Thanks Jaytrem!

I actually have a few of my Mount Snow area friend's who travel to see me, as well as purely coincidental a couple of local to me families who happen to be Mad River Glen house people (one of whom has a kid who places top 5 in the Ski The East Freeride events regularly!!) who I love to treat as I can talk skiing all visit long as my assistants, who aren't skiers, roll their eyes at our in depth conversations!! Lol!!

We need to have a beer (on me) in the Taproom, some day your up in West Dover on snow next season! :beer:

drjeff

Thanks for advice. SR pass office hasn't returned my call yet - we've put down a $50 deposit on pass, and got charged first payment today. I know others have gotten $ back from injuries over summer. Ideally they would put a note in our record, I won't pay now but then if she's returned by January and could ski, they'd offer the same early pricing deal. After 10 years of buying 4-5 golds/season I hope they'd be a tad bit flexible and nice lol. But like you all say - kids rebound quick and she loves going to PT, so I know she'll try hard to recover. And when you're a family of diehards who go all in for skiing - what's $749? Lmao. Sometimes you don't question the price of addiction, just pay it.

Not from my own families experience (yet at least) but from other GREAT friends family experiences injury wise, Peak Resorts at least has a "doctor's note" ='s massively pro rated injury refund, even more so if your family is a long time, multi pass holding family!

Hopefully your daughter will make a quick and 100% recovery and be ready for Halloween on snow at SR!!

machski

I wasn't able to find any information on Boyne's refund policy or if they offer pass insurance so I don't know their policy. Killington started offering pass insurance for free a couple of seasons ago.

Here's their policy: http://www.killington.com/site/tickets/winter_passes/passholder_faqs/credit_policy

Yes steamboat1, Boyne's policy of they have one isn't clear. I was unaware until having a conversation with SR's GM on another topic the summer after my injury shortened season and that was when I first heard of it. That is why I say a conversation above the pass office for SkiFanE might be a good idea.

SkiFanE

So folks at SR were great. I could have put $ paid off to date on my daughters pass towards rest of them. Then if she's skiing winter, pay early season rate then. Or keep paying, see how it goes, and if she's not ready, they'll give us a credit to use however we like. I chose to keep paying - as paying around Christmas would be kinda sucky lol. Some may have had a beef about not getting cash back - but didn't bug me. I probably could have escalated and gotten some cash back, but not up for a fight and this seems very fair to me. Paying in installments is so awesome - and when we are paying for programs in Oct, - spreads out the pain. By the time it's all paid off we can afford après beers lol. Kinda funny how we feel ski pain all off-season.

xlr8r

MAX again, probably won't get out west this year, but might make it to Tremblant on it. should be able to get my daily rate down to less than $30.

Puck it

. Ahhhhh lucky you. 4 passes is hard to absorb in one lump for us, so I'm very grateful for the free "financing" offered.
FYI. I bought my son a college a few years ago before he broke is leg. Okemo gave us a credit at the end of the year since he did not ski at all.

cdskier

No pain here. Fully paid for next season over a month ago.

Same here...but then again I'm only paying for me, myself, and I...so that makes it easier than for people that need to pay for passes for a family.

steamboat1

. Ahhhhh lucky you. 4 passes is hard to absorb in one lump for us, so I'm very grateful for the free "financing" offered.
Sunday River 2016/17 Gold Season PassThe Gold Pass is valid at Sunday River, Sugarloaf, and Loon Mountain. Unlimited skiing and riding every day of the 2016-17 winter season - no restrictions and no blackout dates. Season Passes are non transferable and non-refundable

SkiFanE

Sunday River 2016/17 Gold Season PassThe Gold Pass is valid at Sunday River, Sugarloaf, and Loon Mountain. Unlimited skiing and riding every day of the 2016-17 winter season - no restrictions and no blackout dates. Season Passes are non transferable and non-refundable
Totally reasonable. But I also think when they incentivize people to deposit by 4/30 for something not usable until October...there has to be a little wiggle room - unless that incentive means you have to accept its a gamble (?). People can get horrible illnesses and die within that timeframe (knock on wood)! Buying in November and then trying to back out a couple weeks later seems to be slightly different scenario - especially if they even got a day or two on mountain before injury. But I'm happy with how things turned out for us.

xwhaler

Maybe mtns could roll you into the following yr's pass if you discovered u couldn't ski but had already paid in full?
They keep their $ and the skier at least doesn't lose a yr of skiing for nothing.

mbedle

Going to take another year with Stowe under the partnership plan seven day pass. Not a bad price and worked out better than the ski club daily rates.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Maybe mtns could roll you into the following yr's pass if you discovered u couldn't ski but had already paid in full?
They keep their $ and the skier at least doesn't lose a yr of skiing for nothing.

Good call.

steamboat1

Killington spells it right out. Buy your pass now & if not used before Dec. 15 you get full credit good for a few years. After Dec.15 on a declining scale. If you want your cash back they charge a small processing fee. Posted their full policy a page back. No ambiguity there & the coverage costs squat.

Puck it

This was exactly what Okemo did for me but I was able to transfer credit to my daughter college since son was out of school the following year.