• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2016-2017 Season Pass Plans

thetrailboss

Staff member
Bump. Happy to say that my pass price remained the same as last year. I will be doing Alta/Bird. Same for my daughter. Wife is doing at least Alta but maybe Alta/Bird.

Some early price deadlines have passed. What have you done?

skiNEwhere

Sticking with the Epic Local and Rocky Mountain Super Pass+ I've used the last few years

skiNEwhere

You use both? We got the Epic Local and thought that would be enough plus a couple LL 4 packs.

Costs a little over $1,000 for both. No dependents so that price isn't multiplied by X which helps.

I like Breck and A-Basin (don't care about the other vail resorts), copper usually isn't crowded, and winter park has awesome bumps.

snoseek

Going back to school in nh for a few years so im definitely in the market for a pass...not sure which on. Fall semester is going to be too light for a college pass as ill have an Anatomy class that will crush me.

Maybe a nh in state veteran pass? Boyne has gotten a little pricy for my current budget unfortunately

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

snoseek

Nursing actually

Peak pass is awfully tempting tbh. Im apprehensive only because i feel that wildcat-attitash-crotched are going to be a complete shitshow at those prices and maybe tough times will make for poor operations. Do you think that will happen?

Tin

Definitely a Berkie pass. For $349 and a 2 hour drive the K/Pico college pass at $349 is tempting.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Nursing actually

Peak pass is awfully tempting tbh. Im apprehensive only because i feel that wildcat-attitash-crotched are going to be a complete shitshow at those prices and maybe tough times will make for poor operations. Do you think that will happen?

No. I think the increase in traffic will be minimal. Even if skier visits went up 50% at Wildcat, it would still be uncrowded. I just don't see it happening though because of location. Crotched will have some increased traffic too, but the longest I've ever waited for the Rocket on A Saturday is ten minutes and that was maybe only a handful of chair rides. I'm guessing the bulk of the increase will be felt at Hunter and Snow.

We should get together for a beer before you get started with school. I've got some Anatomy books and study materials that are only a few years old from when I was in school that you might find helpful.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Poor operations / reduced snowmaking is certainly something to give pause though, you're right. The other side of that coin though is they are like attracting new customers from other areas and will want to make a good impression. People won't sign up for a second season if cheap also means it sucks.

snoseek

700 bucks is pretty sweet deal ive gotta admit. Ill give it some thought for sure. I like the fact that its an easy straight shot from lee. Yes on the beer for sure.

snoseek

Trust me...it just hurts. My days of ski bumming in the west are far from over though. Im ready for a different approach. Im ready to step away from being a chef as well...although its gonna get me through school

Edit the last two winter i was back east were 10-11 and 06-07. Both were pretty awesome so maybe I'm good luck!

thetrailboss

Staff member
Nursing actually

So now that you have announced your intentions it will be a GREAT season out here. ;)

steamboat1

Fall semester is going to be too light for a college pass as ill have an Anatomy class that will crush me.
I took two semesters of anatomy & physiology when in college. I didn't have to since I was going for a business degree. Could've taken something much easier to meet my science requirement. I had a hard time spelling, pronouncing & memorizing half the things I was studying. Wound up with a B both semesters as I recall. Good luck to you in your future endeavors.

Bought another K midweek pass as I said earlier in this thread.

Tin

I took two semesters of anatomy & physiology when in college. I didn't have to since I was going for a business degree. Could've taken something much easier to meet my science requirement. I had a hard time spelling, pronouncing & memorizing half the things I was studying. Wound up with a B both semesters as I recall. Good luck to you in your future endeavors.

I hope I can be like you one day. It truly is an art the way you can make a post to show how amazing you are yet fit it into the thread and discussion.

steamboat1

attachment.php

Attachments

• troll-spray_o_309907.jpg
    troll-spray_o_309907.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 109

Edd

I hope I can be like you one day. It truly is an art the way you can make a post to show how amazing you are yet fit it into the thread and discussion.

So many Trump jokes to toss out. My feeble brain is bursting. Sad!

Last edited: