• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2023/2024 Season Passes

AdironRider

I do not understand your constant shitting on the Indy, as it is ridiculously cheap for the amount of skiing you get, regardless of the 'caliber' of mountains on the pass.

And yet here you are buying one again.

Zermatt

I do not understand your constant shitting on the Indy, as it is ridiculously cheap for the amount of skiing you get, regardless of the 'caliber' of mountains on the pass.

And yet here you are buying one again.
90% of the places on Indy are garbage, like built on a landfill with 200’ of vertical. Calling them resorts should be a crime. Even so, you can still get your moneys worth by hitting just a few of the good areas on the pass.

KustyTheKlown

i explained in quite thorough detail on the prior page(s) why i was considering not getting indy - because jay and magic have been clusterfucks, saddleback is too far, i don't intend a western indy trip next year, etc. i poked fun at myself for still buying one after making those comments, because as you say, it is 'ridiculosuly cheap.' not much to understand. i am still concerned about getting real value out of it. currently i am pacing $100/day on indy which is not a good deal at all. I'm hoping to squeeze 6-8 out of it this season. before the snow started falling in the east in MARCH it looked like i'd use the pass for 2 days. i like variety but this season's conditions almost made the pass a waste of 400$

also 'constant shitting' is hardly accurate. i don't think i said i single negative word about indy until this week, when i spelled out pretty reasonable reasons for considering not repurchasing.

and i stand by my claim that indy causes crowding in new england, and that their facebook group is as bad as skiology.

AdironRider

Well over 90% of the mountains on Indy have more than 200 vert nor are built on landfills.

Go buy an Epic for three times as much if you want "resorts"

I skied Jay on Sunday when they reported a foot of fresh and never waited more than 7 minutes in a line. Doubt that was the case at Stowe/Sugarbush/ et al.

That said, Magic is one giant clusterfuck all the time, but that is more because they are run by dipshits and nothing to do with Indy itself.

KustyTheKlown

i have always and still have an ikon pass. an indy pass as a primary pass doesn't work for me as a 50 day skier. its a supplement. a supplement i felt i didn't need, but which was inexpensive enough to get anyway. i hope it turns out to not be a waste, this year or next. if it is a waste, i can take the $400 hit. again, not much to understand about my position on it. i hope they do actually put a reasonable sales cap and sell fewer passes.

and yes, most places on indy are garbage. the only places in the east i would go are jay, magic, bolton, waterville, cannon, and saddleback. berkshire east if i am desperate and can only get up one day. every other eastern destination might as well not exist because i'd never go there. if i get 8-12 days at the places i listed then its a win. currently i am not tracking anywhere close to that on this season

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

Gonna get days 10 (Magic) and 11 (Catamount) on Indy this weekend (plus one 25% off day).

Working out at least as well as the 12 I have gotten on Epic.

AdironRider

Hey that is 14 days of skiing just at the places you think are worth it for sub-300 bucks.

That is a bargain.

Despite their sub-1000 vert I'd add Saskadena and Pats as worthy mountains to visit. They are perfect for 1 or 2 days a season.

KustyTheKlown

Hey that is 14 days of skiing just at the places you think are worth it for sub-300 bucks.

That is a bargain.

Despite their sub-1000 vert I'd add Saskadena and Pats as worthy mountains to visit. They are perfect for 1 or 2 days a season.

not disputing you at all there - tho i get the full pass which is 375 or so, so lets say sub 400 - i ski every holiday period and also don't like how some places are blacked out on weekends prime season

in the ideal scenario indy rules. it's worked out awesome for me in the past, this year is just a dud.

i cant abide burning days at pats and s6. its just too short. the only day i ski 650 vertical feet is my 'FUCK I NEED TO GO SKIING ITS BEEN SO LONG' November day at the killington north ridge

cdskier

I skied Jay on Sunday when they reported a foot of fresh and never waited more than 7 minutes in a line. Doubt that was the case at Stowe/Sugarbush/ et al.

Saturday had long lines at Sugarbush (~15 minutes avg with the exception of Castlerock). Sunday though was pretty quiet. Everyone must have been tired out from Saturday. I didn't wait more than 5 minutes on Sunday.

Teleskier

Gonna get days 10 (Magic) and 11 (Catamount) on Indy this weekend (plus one 25% off day).

Working out at least as well as the 12 I have gotten on Epic.
OK, I'm confused. I thought you only got 2 days max at each resort, similar to the 1-day max of Ski-VT passes. (Always felt "What's the point?" - unless you're a permanent day tripper only without any preferred favorite areas).

Does this mean you skied 2 days 'free' but 8 days at Magic at just 25% off the full-price walk-up window prices? How is this a 'bargain'?

MadKitty

Saturday had long lines at Sugarbush (~15 minutes avg with the exception of Castlerock). Sunday though was pretty quiet. Everyone must have been tired out from Saturday. I didn't wait more than 5 minutes on Sunday.
I feel like the discrepancy between Saturday and Sunday crowds has been greater since covid. More casual skiers who only want to ski one day.

KustyTheKlown

peoople are also just generally not very good at and not conditioned for skiing powder. lots of people think they like skiing powder but once it turns to chop they're done. they don't know how to ski it and their legs cant handle it

cdskier

I feel like the discrepancy between Saturday and Sunday crowds has been greater since covid. More casual skiers who only want to ski one day.

I think it varies a lot (at least at Sugarbush). Saturdays are almost always more crowded, but I feel like Sundays have more variability than the past. Sometimes they are more crowded than I expect, and other times they are emptier than I expect.

MadKitty

Yeah no doubt about that. Especially when it's dense snow, like this most recent storm was in NH. Wind buff and spring corn is a lot easier but doesn't make for pretty pictures like deep powder does

Cornhead

Bought my Greek Peak pass for 2023-2024 yesterday. They're offering close to $100 off this year's price for one week only, $565. I think they're afraid fence sitters might not reup after the shit season we've had this year. Happy for the discount.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Ok, hell has frozen over and I just gave Vail some money. My lineup is set for next season:

Gunstock full pass
Indy Plus
2 Day Epic Pass
Pat's Peak race league

The race league is a steal if people aren't aware. $100 for 9 weeks. 10 if you make the finals. Gives you access from 3 to close. Can also buy a racer chaser ticket for a buddy each evening for I think $29

deadheadskier

Staff member
I think the only real complaint I have about Indy is none of their Eastern offerings do well early season. It would be nice if Cannon and Waterville were more aggressive towards a Thanksgiving opening.