• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AlpineZone Summit 3.0 - March 30th - April 1st @ Sugarloaf

gmcunni

All members of AlpineZone who have a minimum of five posts are eligible to participate in the AlpineZone Summit
I just need 3 more posts and I'm in.

i didn't see that new requirement.. need to tell my son to start posting.

JFP

I hear when you get to 20,000 posts a secret forum gets unlocked!

At my current rate of posting, I'll have to have my children and perhaps their children carry on towards secret forum access. As for me, I've got my 5 posts, I can go to back to hibernation (and Sugarloaf).

gmcunni

At my current rate of posting, I'll have to have my children and perhaps their children carry on towards secret forum access. As for me, I've got my 5 posts, I can go to back to hibernation (and Sugarloaf).

how long a drive from Keene, NH to Sugarloaf?

JFP

how long a drive from Keene, NH to Sugarloaf?

Wicked far just like anywhere else. 5.5 hours. Have some family and friends in Maine so doable. Haven't got up there since I was a teenager but this winter's goal for me & my kids is to hit a bunch of different mountains beyond So. VT/NH.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Wicked far just like anywhere else. 5.5 hours. Have some family and friends in Maine so doable. Haven't got up there since I was a teenager but this winter's goal for me & my kids is to hit a bunch of different mountains beyond So. VT/NH.

it is a hike, but it's definitely worth it, esp. when you stay a couple days.

JFP

Worth it indeed, haven't been there since some reggae festival in the late 90's. Wonder if they'll ever bring that gondola back? Thanks!

bvibert

Staff member
i forgot how cold it was. we skied there in late march and i had on my heavy winter jacket and a face mask!

Just a little nippy with the wind.

Now that I have a better computer at home maybe I'll start looking at my GoPro footage from that weekend... :dunce:

vdk03

i forgot how cold it was. we skied there in late march and i had on my heavy winter jacket and a face mask!

I remember going up last year getting excited for some spring riding, got there and it was not the case. Had an awesome time regardless.