• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Any body know anything about Hunter???

catskillman

Today was dangerous. Opened 30 minutes late, should have been about 2 hours late. How ski patrol lets this happen is the question. I spole to 1 and he said they just go in at the top, and pray they do not have to go out!!

Clairs's opened days late becasue the groomers messed it up. I will get that whole story soon.... Friend spole to a groomer - kid from South America...he was supposed to be a scanner and when he got here they said your a groomer. He had never even been in a groomer in his life....

Last week had a couple of good day for sure. They are trying for sure. grooming was good, snow is still very sticky as it warms up..and under the guns......
a
I have to say I feel really bad for Trent....he does not look like a happy man. See him only sometimes on his board for the Wednesday on snow meetings. He is smart not risking injury.

Despite the lack of snowstorm, yesterday was nicely groomed. Good to ski Clairs, Twilight and Overlook. No crowds. Will they make any more snow?

catskillman

they are making it now.

Yesterday late morning the cliff and then the bottom of the belt was all sugar. conditions changed drastically from the morning.

Anybody know anything about Hunter ... during President's Week? I know it will be a zoo on the 3 day weekend, but is it normally crowded Tuesday to Friday of that week?

jackgopack4

Lower K27 showed as open in the Epic app today; can someone report back on conditions next time they are up there?

connersw

Skied it Tue. Small gate opening. Top was huge mounds of blown snow that actually skied like chalk. Fun little steep pitches but hard to get a rhythm. Flat mid section was groomed ice runnels. Bottom skied nice and fast.

da-bum

Skied it tues/wed. Didn't know school was out the whole week, so there were a significant crowd on the line and cafeteria, mostly of families (whom seem to take the tables in the caf for the whole day). Tried to stay on the north and west if the lines got more than a few min long on the frontside. I don't know if there were some melting from the past few days or it was just skied out from the wknd, but much of the trails were FG with a glazed layer on top, where skis edge just can't engage. Claire was like that on tues, but was more enjoyable on wed. It might have been the most fun trail on wed (at least during mid-day).

catskillman

Z lift done for the season........

and what happened with the 6 pack yesterday??? Hard stop, we flew about 4 feet in the air, came off the seats...and then bounced violently for about 2 minutes. Sat for about 15 minutes, and then it started back up.... Anyone know what happened?

And, honestly , yesterday had to be about the worst conditions ever. skiing on an icy brick. The belt is all sugar, and even Mossy was scary. So unusual and strange this season. They were blowing snow/rain yesterday, hope they can mix the mess all together .....Trent is trying....

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

Conditions not bad at all today. A bit fast but no prob getting an edge in. OK upper K27 is slick and not trying lower with my kids witb signs like "no rental equip allowed", "all kinds of hazards," and "make smart choices".