• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Beijing Olympics 08/08/08

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
One of the interesting aspects of the ceremonies is being reminded of a whole bunch of countries that you never heard of or forgot existed.

we where watching it on the 80" holoscreen at the bar. that stuff with the boxes was crazy. i was sitting next to the girl and i told her that i thought that it was some computer controled system and then the people poped out. i was dumbfounded.

there where so many countries i didn't know about.

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
I can't recall an opening ceremony that matched what they did. 15,000 performers, that amazing LED mat, the artistry, the incredible lightshow. I'd think its a tough act to follow.

every time there i ceremony they have to out do the previous one. there have been some incredible advancements in lighting in the last four years. so there where a lot of tools availible that where not there before. some of the stuff that companies have in the pipline are pretty cool so there will be event more tools availible in two years.

bigbog

Beach Volleyball!..;-);-), the essence of the Olympics;-)

Watching volley ball again, May/Walsh are incredible to watch.
Hey I'm enjoying it...can't wait for them to play(if it works out) the Brazilian chicks...8)

*A downer...
No vocal duo of Whitney & Bobby Brown...what a loss to the musical world...
Swimming competition IS GREAT Stuff! ...and I think it goes without saying that Kobe(Bryant) has now been elevated to the level of a God...;-);-) at least in China....still ROTFL.....

Last edited: