• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Beijing Olympics 08/08/08

The African America swimmer is great..and the gymnasts are freaking hot..I have to flex my hardest to have half the muscles as them....

Rushski

Tivo is helping me blast through the coverage. Record it all and scan through to stop on Volleyball (indoor and beach), swimming finals, some gymnastics and maybe watch a little of the unique stuff.

Fluff pieces are a waste of time.

Moe Ghoul

I stayed up to watch that. It was worth it. Awesome finish!

Also amazing that the top 3 teams all smashed the existing world record.

The french team ate a steaming pile of crow, they were trash talking to the media about how they were gonna crush the US team, and that's why they were in China, lol. Even after all the defeats France has suffered, they still haven't learned. :(:smash:

WJenness

Ok, watching gals fencing. The shrieking screams are a really dumb.

Fairly common in fencing (also Tennis and many other 1 on 1 type sports), release of tension after an action, celebration, etc. Usually hotly contested by new people to the sport, but you get used to it.

Listening to Becca (Ward, bronze medalist) brings it to a new level as her voice is pretty high pitched. However, she has the potential to be on the short list of the best fencers who ever lived if she sticks with the sport (she's off to college in the fall, so we'll see what happens).

The US sweep in Women's Sabre was amazing.

Women's Sabre Team event on Thursday, US is favored for gold, the Chinese, French, and Russians are also on the short list of teams that have a legitimate shot at gold.

-w

Moe Ghoul

Fairly common in fencing (also Tennis and many other 1 on 1 type sports), release of tension after an action, celebration, etc. Usually hotly contested by new people to the sport, but you get used to it.

Listening to Becca (Ward, bronze medalist) brings it to a new level as her voice is pretty high pitched. However, she has the potential to be on the short list of the best fencers who ever lived if she sticks with the sport (she's off to college in the fall, so we'll see what happens).

The US sweep in Women's Sabre was amazing.

Women's Sabre Team event on Thursday, US is favored for gold, the Chinese, French, and Russians are also on the short list of teams that have a legitimate shot at gold.

-w

The tennis folks usually grunt and yell when they are executing a stroke. Anyhoo, I am unfamiliar with the sport, but enjoyed watching the US take all 3 medals....on mute, lol.

ctenidae

So there is 1 girl that is of age. So now I am not a total pedophile, I just say that I am waiting to see her. That makes me a stalker.......:???:

Yeah, but a TV stalker, and there's no law against that. Yet.

I've been watching boxing on Universal HD/CNBC at night- pretty interesting, really. The goomba from Jersey doing the announcing is entertaining.

drjeff

I stayed up to watch that. It was worth it. Awesome finish!

Also amazing that the top 3 teams all smashed the existing world record.

I as I watching some of the replays yesterday AM, one of the in studio commenators (Can't remember if it was or wasn't Rowdy Gaines) said that the top 5 teams in the Men's 4x100 relay actually broke the previous world record in that race!

As for some of the attire, when I turned the games on last night to watch them for a few minutes with my wife, women's beach volleyball was on, and with the suits that Misty May and Kerry Walsh had on last night, my wife's only comment was why not just have naked volleyball(I couldn't find any reason to disagree with her ;) )

SkiDork

Don't worry- Alicia Sacrimone is 21 or so.

Is she the daughter of Johny Sac?

13948__sack_l.jpg

drjeff

drjeff

Okay, that Men's 4x200m relay was pretty darn impressive with the US Men destroying th world record by over 5 seconds! :flag:

ctenidae

Okay, that Men's 4x200m relay was pretty darn impressive with the US Men destroying th world record by over 5 seconds! :flag:

Gotta love it when the camera has to pan back to get teh WR line, and even further back to get the whole field.