• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Beijing Olympics 08/08/08

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Does your wife know you're gay?

amd_hamm.jpg

0008zr27

US_Visa_05_Nastia_Liukin_BB_0702.jpg

drjeff

Dr Jeff, I'm sure you can tell us the oldest age you've seen an adolescent lose their final baby tooth?

The standard ages that KIDS will loose their baby teeth is as follows.

Front teeth between the ages of basically 5 1/2 and 7 1/2 (hence for esthetic reasons why during the opening ceremonies the Chinese officials used the 9 year old girl to lip sync the song that the 7 year old wrote/sung with her still errupting upper front teeth)

From the eye teeth back to the molars, KIDS will typically loose them between age 10 and 12, and probably 95% of the time, unless the permanent tooth below the baby tooth is congenitally missing all the baby teeth have been lost by age 15.

The true test would be some specific location x-rays of the girls bones in the growth plate region typically of her wrists of ease of film taking. In females, those growth plates will remain open - i.e. basically full of a cartilidge like "soft bone" which mineralizes as more new layers of that "soft bone" get deposited and the bone grows until menarche when the growth plates "fuse" and fully mineralize, thus stopping growth in the length and size of one's bones. Even in very athletic females, this will occur with the onset of puberty which should have occurred in any 16 year old (hence the hips and breasts of the US gymnasts). There are a few very rare genetic diseases where the growth plates won't fuse until a much older age, but those diseases have a common denometer of a person very tall in stature(and that's not these girls). All this bone biology stuff is something that I deal with regularly when trying to properly time the start of certain types of treatment that I do in adolescents.

drjeff

I'd hit it if I had a few beers in me..lol

After her performance last night she just became way out of most everyone's league! Great job she did as did Shawn Johnson too, even if they did get the short end of the deal on the judging of a couple their routines.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Spiff info doc, sure am not going to hold my breath for x-rays though.

Anyone know what our medal chances are for track and field? Most of the T&F medal events have yet to happen. I think that's the only way we'll catch up to China in the gold medal count, in which they're currently mopping the floor with us.

drjeff

Spiff info doc, sure am not going to hold my breath for x-rays though.

Anyone know what our medal chances are for track and field? Most of the T&F medal events have yet to happen. I think that's the only way we'll catch up to China in the gold medal count, in which they're currently mopping the floor with us.

In the speed events(400m and under sprints and hurdles and relays), the US team is strong. Mid/long distance events, the US is decent, but the real strength there is the Africans and Western European/East Asian countries. Field events, no real consensus multiple gold threat countries.

You'll in all likelyhood see the US team do very well on the track, but not quite as well as they've been doing in the pool. China will also step in up once the diving events really get going, and their deep gymnastics teams (both men and women) will take home a bunch of medals in the individual events starting this weekend.

WJenness

Word. The US Women's Foil team just earned a silver medal by knocking off Poland (2nd seed) and Hungary (3rd seed). They lost to the Russian team (1 seed) in the gold.

Great job girls!

This brings USA Fencing medals to 5 (1G, 2S, 2B). The most medals for US Fencing since the 1904 games!

-w

drjeff

Nastia is attractive. Shawn Johnson is cute as a button, but her neck and thighs are bigger than Reggie White's and she could prolly medal in greco-roman wrestling.

She's probably got like a 13 or 14" neck and maybe 16 or 18" thighs, it's just a proportion thing when you put those on a sub 5' body.

Heck, back when "the minister of defense" was in his prime days with the Packers/Eagles I'd almost bet that Shaun Johnson's hips would fit inside the diameter of 1 of Reggie's thighs!

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
You wouldn't sleep either if the government had the majority of your extended family held in cages above starved lions and tigers should you not perform your best and win a gold for the politburo... err.. your country.

i love the way they would do a hug with their coach because thats what the americans where doing. then they would do the psudeo euro kiss.

I watched Badmitten, Velodrome cycling and Crew this morning. The Olympic coverage with less commercials has been great. In middle school I took cycling lessons at our local Velodrome in Trexlertown and it was really tough to get the hang of the banked track and bikes with no brakes. The guys earlier were going 35mph and the speedsuits cost a grand. Badmitten is pretty badass as well..and crew looks exhausting.

Tonight Phelps is swimming again..