• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Budweiser American Ale

Glenn

I wasn't impressed, at all. Could be because I had a dogfish 90 before hand

LMAO! A 90 Minute would make gasoline taste like water after!

I had the Bud American Ale at a friend's house...and at the packie when they were giving out samples. I was pretty impressed. I'm used to Bud being...well...Bud. So to have something with a little snap and flavor was a nice change.

drjeff

LMAO! A 90 Minute would make gasoline taste like water after!

I had the Bud American Ale at a friend's house...and at the packie when they were giving out samples. I was pretty impressed. I'm used to Bud being...well...Bud. So to have something with a little snap and flavor was a nice change.

If you did a blind taste test with Bud American Ale and 3 or 4 other "decent" reputation Ales, I'd bet that very few folks would guess that it's a Bud product.

FRITOLAYGUY

I saw Budweiser wing sauce the other day in the grocery store, i wasnt about to pay 4bucks for it when tabasco was half the price but it looked good, anyone try it??

frozencorn

Yeah, the Ale's not bad, but I'm not going out of my way for it either.

I'm still waiting for my locals to get the Roxy Rolles in. It's torture...this span between Nov. April with Rolles and the hIPA are the high points for Magic Hat these days.

frozencorn

On the same note, the new Michelob crafts aren't all that bad either...again, if I have a choice I'm not too inclined to buy it over something else, but if it's super cheap, I'll go for it every now and then.

Glenn

If you did a blind taste test with Bud American Ale and 3 or 4 other "decent" reputation Ales, I'd bet that very few folks would guess that it's a Bud product.

I bet you're right. It certainly surprised me.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Anyone know what specific style of ale this is supposed to be? Or are they "inventing" their own style(sort of like the "weasel piss" category invented by Busch...)?

drjeff

Yeah, the Ale's not bad, but I'm not going out of my way for it either.

I'm still waiting for my locals to get the Roxy Rolles in. It's torture...this span between Nov. April with Rolles and the hIPA are the high points for Magic Hat these days.

Should be close now as the "winter brews" are rolling out. Just yesterday at lunch, I overheard the waitress saying that they had just received their first keg of sam adams winter. Mmm, spiced winter brews, cold weather, snow, skiing :) Yup, the good time of the year is coming! :)

WJenness

Should be close now as the "winter brews" are rolling out. Just yesterday at lunch, I overheard the waitress saying that they had just received their first keg of sam adams winter. Mmm, spiced winter brews, cold weather, snow, skiing :) Yup, the good time of the year is coming! :)

Agreed!

I blame my roommate for this recent warmup btw.

He declared that fall was over, and thus would not be ordering a keg of Sam Octoberfest like he had originally planned (We have a kegerator), but instead, was jumping right to Harpoon Winter Warmer (Christmas in a glass I call it).

The Good: Harpoon Winter Warmer is coming to a kegerator near me.

The Bad: It won't taste the same in the 50-60 degree weather we're having.

It will get cold again soon though.

-w

2knees

bought a 6 of this the other day. 5 are still sitting in the basement for our next party.

Greg

Staff member
bought a 6 of this the other day. 5 are still sitting in the basement for our next party.

Come on. A proud boozer like yourself has beer lying around? I'm disappointed.