• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Budweiser American Ale

2knees

Come on. A proud boozer like yourself has beer lying around? I'm disappointed.

i have standards.

i'm no snob in any regards except when it comes to beer. I just cant drink swill. and that tasted like swill to me.

btw, i went back out and bought a 12 of sam adams to cleanse my pallet.

Greg

Staff member
i have standards.

i'm no snob in any regards except when it comes to beer. I just cant drink swill. and that tasted like swill to me.

Like I said in my initial post, there are probably a hundred other beers that I'd rather drink, but come on, it's not that bad.

2knees

Like I said in my initial post, there are probably a hundred other beers that I'd rather drink, but come on, it's not that bad.

its monkey piss pure and simple. :wink:

no its not that bad. i was just expecting more. not sure why, but i was.

Greg

Staff member
its monkey piss pure and simple. :wink:

no its not that bad. i was just expecting more. not sure why, but i was.

See? That was your problem. With Budweiser on the label, I wasn't expecting much, and was pleasantly surprised. It is all relative though.

Glenn

I'm a reformed beer snob. My "regular ol" beer was Harpoon IPA. Then I started getting out of my 20's and into my 30's. Suddenly, heavier beer required more time at the gym. So I sloooooooooooowly transitioned. I was on gin and tonics for a short spell. But going to bed on a Tuesday night with the spins curtailed that adventure in a hurry. I now drink Mich Ultra. Never thought I'd be drinking it, I was the last person to like a "big name" domestic beer...let along a "lite" one. Although the 15-20 lbs I've dropped in less than year has made it worth it.

Greg

Staff member
Harpoon IPA is my go to beer most of the time.

drjeff

I'm a reformed beer snob. My "regular ol" beer was Harpoon IPA. Then I started getting out of my 20's and into my 30's. Suddenly, heavier beer required more time at the gym. So I sloooooooooooowly transitioned. I was on gin and tonics for a short spell. But going to bed on a Tuesday night with the spins curtailed that adventure in a hurry. I now drink Mich Ultra. Never thought I'd be drinking it, I was the last person to like a "big name" domestic beer...let along a "lite" one. Although the 15-20 lbs I've dropped in less than year has made it worth it.

I can relate to this one. Substitute Long Trail Ale for Harpoon IPA and Bud Lite for Mich Ultra and I've pretty much made that transition over the years too :( Taste buds vs. scale - unfortunately sometimes the mechanical device wins out :( :beer: ;(

Glenn

I can relate to this one. Substitute Long Trail Ale for Harpoon IPA and Bud Lite for Mich Ultra and I've pretty much made that transition over the years too :( Taste buds vs. scale - unfortunately sometimes the mechanical device wins out :( :beer: ;(

:grouphug:

:lol:

2knees

I have ... just the other night I poured several bottles of ale left in a six pack down the kitchen sink drain because I couldn't bear to swallow another drop of the stuff ...

i just wanted to use your signature in a post. :lol:

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
i have standards.

Sam makes a lot of swill. I know, I used to drink a lot of Sam. Sam is the Bud of the craft beer market. :D

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Harpoon IPA is my go to beer most of the time.
Mine to for the last half dozen years or so though recently I have tried to mix it up more. Harpoon IPA almost tastes too light to me now after having sampled so many hefty beers and taken on Double Bag as my other go to beer.

ctenidae

Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
But, cheap beer is better than no beer.
Usually.

Big ups to Greg for at least giving it a fair shake. I've thought about it, wondering if it's possible for AB to remember how to make a decent beer. I feel sorry for the head brewers there- they must feel so beat down by the accountants. Do you think they console themselves late at night, saying "Sure, it's a shite beer, but it's the best shite you can make for less than 1.2 cents/can."