• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cards Cards and More Cards!

deadheadskier

Staff member
What I'm saying is that for me I am looking more closely at the early season block-ticket buys that are transferable. I can buy two blocks of three tickets and bring a group of six for one day, or I can use them all myself. So I'm just looking at a different product from the resort, that's all.

The buy in is large, but the only product offered by a Mountain that is similar to this would be the 10Packs Cannon has offered in the past and I assume this season as well. It's $500, so I decent deal at $50 a day for transferable vouchers.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
The buy in is large, but the only product offered by a Mountain that is similar to this would be the 10Packs Cannon has offered in the past and I assume this season as well. It's $500, so I decent deal at $50 a day for transferable vouchers.

The buy in is only large at Cannon and Okemo. Of the fourteen New England areas offering blocks, six areas have minimums of 2 or 3, six areas have a minimum of 4 to 6 and only Okemo and Cannon have minimums of 8 and 10 respectively.
Granted, many areas do not offer these blocks, so you just go about skinning them differently.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I've gotten this card every year..
$25 Friday's at Magic
$20 for 2 at Whaleback (Cheapest ticket in the US?)
New big discounts for Mt. Snow, Sugarbush, and Waterville

Ultimate card for cheapskates.

I got that card in 2003 and used it a lot. It was a great deal and the proceeds go to a good cause. They were at the Boston Ski Show...I imagine that they will be back.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I've gotten the ride and ski in the past, skipped last year, but reupped for this season. I mainly got it for the free day at Black and whatever else they throw in for freebie. Was unaware of the $25 Friday at MRG. That will probably be on my radar this season.

bobbutts

I've gotten the ride and ski in the past, skipped last year, but reupped for this season. I mainly got it for the free day at Black and whatever else they throw in for freebie. Was unaware of the $25 Friday at MRG. That will probably be on my radar this season.

Not MRG... Magic :dunce: (magician hat, not dunce)

4aprice

I'm following this thread very closely along with the Skiing on the cheap. My situation is that I am a pass holder at a local mountain but want to make 2 to 4 trips to Vermont and have a trip to Utah scheduled for the 1st week in April. My daughter is very interested in Castleton State College so I expect to be going into Vermont more in the future. Billski posted the link to The Vermont Travel Card a while ago and its deals seem pretty good to me. (not quite the 40-50 RiverCoil seemed to indicate he could get). Anyone have experience with this card?

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

frozencorn

I'm following this thread very closely along with the Skiing on the cheap. My situation is that I am a pass holder at a local mountain but want to make 2 to 4 trips to Vermont and have a trip to Utah scheduled for the 1st week in April. My daughter is very interested in Castleton State College so I expect to be going into Vermont more in the future. Billski posted the link to The Vermont Travel Card a while ago and its deals seem pretty good to me. (not quite the 40-50 RiverCoil seemed to indicate he could get). Anyone have experience with this card?

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Yeah, I've had it two years in a row. Might pass on it this year as with an infant probably won't be spending many overnights in VT. Really good discounts on lodging, and the ski discounts are pretty good. I got it mainly for the $40 late-season tickets to Stowe and the $45 anydays at Jay Peak. I have the Ski VT 3-pack too, so that may have to suffice for the greens. Will probably pick up 2 of the ski and ride cards. Four days for $60 can't be beat.

WJenness

Boyne offers a frequent skier card for $94.00. That includes your first ticket and then gets you $15 off on weekends and $25 off midweek. At $79 a day you break even, or come out ahead on your second day. I buy a seasons pass every year, so I would never buy one of these. However, for someone who is going to ski 3+ days, but not enough to justify a pass, this seems like a good deal. Not everyone wants to ski a different area every time, or spend hours trolling the internet for deals, so this is a practical way to save a few bucks.

From SR's facebook page:
Sunday River said:
This week, lift tickets from Thurs-Sun are $25. With a Frequent Skier Card, you get $25 off weekday lift tickets. Do the math. Yes. You're reading this correctly.

Not a bad way to get someone to go over the edge and buy one...

So their $94 card gets you free tickets as long as the weekday price is $25, one lift ticket that you can use any time, and $15 off weekend / holiday tickets... And it's good at three different places...

Not bad, but I'm happy with my silver pass.

-w

thetrailboss

Staff member
From SR's facebook page:

Not a bad way to get someone to go over the edge and buy one...

So their $94 card gets you free tickets as long as the weekday price is $25, one lift ticket that you can use any time, and $15 off weekend / holiday tickets... And it's good at three different places...

Not bad, but I'm happy with my silver pass.

-w

But if I read the site correctly, the card only applies to full price tickets and thus not pre-season tickets?

WJenness

But if I read the site correctly, the card only applies to full price tickets and thus not pre-season tickets?

I believe by 'full price ticket' they mean you can't use a $5 off coupon (were those to even exist), then use the frequent skier card.

SR Site said:
The Frequent Skier Card is valid only on one-day, full-access lift tickets. Savings cannot be combined with any other promotions of discounts. One discount per day. Card is non-transferable. ID required for ticket purchase.

But hey... you're the lawyer... :daffy::smile:

-w

madskier6

""From SR's facebook page:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday River
This week, lift tickets from Thurs-Sun are $25. With a Frequent Skier Card, you get $25 off weekday lift tickets. Do the math. Yes. You're reading this correctly.
Not a bad way to get someone to go over the edge and buy one...""

If Trailboss was right, why would Sunday River have posted what they did on their Facebook page?

I think it means with a Frequent Skier Card, you pay nothing this week for a lift ticket. The full price condition means you can't apply the savings to a "discounted" ticket. This week, the full price ticket is $25. That's not a "discounted" ticket & therefore the savings apply.

thetrailboss

Staff member
It looks like they mean "full price" as of that day and without any other discounts as you guys mention. Thanks because that was wracking my brain a little bit and I was doing a :blink: until I saw the Facebook page comment.

And does the card apply to night skiing?

Last edited:

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
I think this is what folks like riverc0il and Billski need:

http://www.rideandskine.com/Home.html
I have gotten that card for a while now. It pays for itself with two free tickets included with the card even if you don't use the discounts. That is not the type of card I was referring to for this thread though it is a great deal and I endorse it.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
I also have a Stowe points card. I don't pay for it, so it's a good deal already and I get $63 lift tickets ($21 savings) Sun-Fri at a mountain that doesn't offer many discounts. Saturday tickets aren't discounted, so that's a good day to score a Bolton Valley ticket off Liftopia. Normally the card cost $75. You also rack up points when you purchase anything on the mountain. For every $63 lift ticket you buy you get 59 points. 450 points = a free ticket, and the points transfer from season to season.
I didn't realize this until I spoke to someone on the phone at Stowe today, but their Stowe Points card is a "lifetime" purchase and you don't have to renew it each year.

Also, from their webpage, a bunch of restaurants in the area are giving 15% for card holders.
http://www.stowe.com/tickets/points_card/

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
They pay themselves back, right? I mean the Killington express card is 100 bucks. But you save about $25 on the weekends. So if you make 4 trips there you square up, right?

It's all about planning ahead for the season.. kinda like an FSA account at your job.

abc

I have gotten that card for a while now. It pays for itself with two free tickets included with the card even if you don't use the discounts. That is not the type of card I was referring to for this thread though it is a great deal and I endorse it.
What 2 free ticket? I only saw a bunch of discounts. Many of them not nearly as good as I've gotten from liftopia.

Smellytele

What 2 free ticket? I only saw a bunch of discounts. Many of them not nearly as good as I've gotten from liftopia.

If you got them early you could choose from a few mountains to get a free ticket - I got a Burke. In previous years you also got a free Black Mtn (NH) ticket - not this year. There is 2fers at SUgarbush and Jay that are pretty good in there.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com

I've had it for two years now. Last year it was two free tix. This year its one free ticket. Supplies are limited, I think they've all been taken by now.

Liftopia vs. RSNE - depends on the timing of your purchase and the blackout dates. You have to read the T's and C's carefully. That's the part I don't do for people. For every pointer I give, you need to check carefully.

There was one issue last year or two, where people presumed these discounts applied on blackout dates. They showed up at the mountain with a total of ten people all expecting the discount. Major gasket blowout.