• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

COVID concerns in the Northeast

2Planker

All ski Bars are OPEN in the "Live Free or Die" state of NH.
Partly because the Gov's family owns Waterville

dblskifanatic

Are the bars and restaurants open in Vermont? I can't seem to find a clear answer on the Vermont website. Next Thursday I'll be heading to Stowe, Okemo and then Mt Snow on the way back to Pennsylvania.
I have a friend coming along that does not ski and hopping there is something for him to do while I ski. Knowing him he can spend the whole day at a bar.

as far as I know there is no hanging out in the lodge and if something is open they require reservations and some places actually have limitations. Like Okemo where they have some time to dine location where you arrive no more than 5 minutes early and then have a limited time to eat.

asnowmobiler

I figured the bars at the ski areas will be closed, wondering more about the ones in town. An out of the way locals dive bar is often a great time as well.

dblskifanatic

I figured the bars at the ski areas will be closed, wondering more about the ones in town. An out of the way locals dive bar is often a great time as well.

For Vermont

1. All “Clubs” as defined by 7 V.S.A. § 2(7) shall suspend on-premises operations.
    2. 1st Class licensees who hold a Restaurant License issued by VDH for an on-site kitchen equipped to provide menu service must accompany all beverage alcohol orders with food; serve only those patrons who are seated; and continue to abide by existing health and safety guidance issued by ACCD.
    3. All other 1st Class licensees, including Clubs, shall suspend operations.
    4. 4th Class licensees that operate a tasting room primarily focused on providing retail sales may operate as follows:
      • Only serve samples of products with the intent of selling product to be consumed off-site;
      • Maintain contact tracing logs;
      • Maximum occupancy: 50 percent, or occupancy that ensures social distancing between households, whichever is less;
      • Members of separate households must be kept 6’ apart from other households, and mingling between households must be prohibited;
      • When serving at a bar, counter or other area, including any space used as a drink prep area, a barrier must be in place to separate customers from the server; and
      • When customers are not actively tasting, masks must be worn.
      • Holders of both a 1st and 4th class license may only operate in accordance with the guidance for 1st class licensees and 4th class licensees set forth above.
    5. All other 4th Class licensees shall suspend operations.
    6. All premises suspending or modifying operations hereunder may offer or continue to offer take-out, curbside pickup and delivery of beverage alcohol, including spirit-based drinks and malt and vinous product.
  1. Restaurants:
    1. Restaurants are restricted to allowing only one household per table.
    2. All guests must be seated, and no standing or mingling is allowed.
    3. All in-person service at restaurants must stop table service at 10pm. Take out or curbside service is allowed after 10pm.

cdskier

For Vermont

1. All “Clubs” as defined by 7 V.S.A. § 2(7) shall suspend on-premises operations.
    2. 1st Class licensees who hold a Restaurant License issued by VDH for an on-site kitchen equipped to provide menu service must accompany all beverage alcohol orders with food; serve only those patrons who are seated; and continue to abide by existing health and safety guidance issued by ACCD.
    3. All other 1st Class licensees, including Clubs, shall suspend operations.
    4. 4th Class licensees that operate a tasting room primarily focused on providing retail sales may operate as follows:
      • Only serve samples of products with the intent of selling product to be consumed off-site;
      • Maintain contact tracing logs;
      • Maximum occupancy: 50 percent, or occupancy that ensures social distancing between households, whichever is less;
      • Members of separate households must be kept 6’ apart from other households, and mingling between households must be prohibited;
      • When serving at a bar, counter or other area, including any space used as a drink prep area, a barrier must be in place to separate customers from the server; and
      • When customers are not actively tasting, masks must be worn.
      • Holders of both a 1st and 4th class license may only operate in accordance with the guidance for 1st class licensees and 4th class licensees set forth above.
    5. All other 4th Class licensees shall suspend operations.
    6. All premises suspending or modifying operations hereunder may offer or continue to offer take-out, curbside pickup and delivery of beverage alcohol, including spirit-based drinks and malt and vinous product.
  1. Restaurants:
    1. Restaurants are restricted to allowing only one household per table.
    2. All guests must be seated, and no standing or mingling is allowed.
    3. All in-person service at restaurants must stop table service at 10pm. Take out or curbside service is allowed after 10pm.
I was literally about to post this exact same thing when the forum told me there's a new post in this thread. Good thing I looked at it before posting!

If someone is looking for a typical "bar" experience in VT, you won't find it right now (or at least you shouldn't under the rules).

2Planker

Once again - NH is the place in NE for lack of restrictions at resorts.
Wildcat lodge is "limited access" but Bar is fully open

flakeydog

CV.JPG
I hear the bars are much nicer over in NH this time of year. Test Positivity in NH = 11-12%, VT = 2-3%, a real head-scratcher if you ask me...

2Planker

Yup Highest in NE. That's what you get w/ minimal regulations.
Very few people out and about wearing masks

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Yup Highest in NE. That's what you get w/ minimal regulations.
Very few people out and about wearing masks

VT Covid hospitalizations Jan 1- 31.....Jan 27- 47 (down from the 50s the past few days)

NH Covid hospitalizations Jan 1- 317...Jan 27- 223

Minimal regulations or maximum regulations has very very little effect on what's happening. Vermont is one of the few places Covid has gotten worse wince the New Year. And all those states you heard about before Thanksgiving with "apocalyptic" numbers like the Dakota's, Nebraska, Montana, etc- they've all stomped this thing out to nearly nothing- seriously, now hospitalizations are less than a quarter of what they were at the peak in those areas.

2Planker

tumbler

I don't think the locals bar will be too thrilled with you pulling in with a PA license plate. Still lots of out of state xenophobia and mistrust.

2Planker

But states are starting to relax the guidelines.
NH - No quarantine necessary starting 15 days after 2nd Vacc dose.

More states will adopt these newer measures over the next few weeks

machski

OK, then MWV ski bars are open

Clarification - NH has highest 7 Day Positivity Rate in NE @ 7.8% . VT is lowest in USA @ 2.1%
https://www.beckershospitalreview.c...y-covid-19-test-positivity-rates-july-14.html
This stat is skewed as NH also has the lowest testing numbers per 100,000 population in new England. In fact, about 1/7th the rate of VT which skews NH positive% higher though may not indicate actual reality. Ahh, statistics. Meaningless without figuring the baseline and evaluating accordingly.