• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

COVID concerns in the Northeast

Andrew B.

If you don't think Fauci isn't enjoying having the power and influence that he currently has, as well as being constantly fawned over by the media and the majority of the country, and that he'd be giving all of that up if he went to the private sector, then it's you that doesn't know what it's all about
His celebrity status is here to stay I am afraid

abc

If you don't think Fauci is enjoying having the power and influence that he currently has, as well as being constantly fawned over by the media and the majority of the country, and that he'd be giving all of that up if he went to the private sector, then it's you that doesn't know what it's all about
Government salary, however "cushy" in your eyes, are peanuts compare to private section!

No, you don't know what it's all about.

abc

Or easy 5m a year as pharmaceutical lobbyist.

+unlimited expense account. Which is nice.
Yep! The great revolving door.

I just had one of my cycling buddy took a (effective) pay cut to work in the government. He figure he'll get a decent boost to his earning after a couple years in "service". As he'll be "recognized" as knowing the "inner working" of the fed, which apparently is highly prized.

drjeff

So he is a career politician i get that

why do so many people (feels like you do) want to put so much weight in what he says when he clearly hasnt been consistent or only “about science?”

The sooner that folks realize that regardless of one's political ideological leanings that the vast majority of politicians are underneath it all more about spewing BS to keep them in good grades with those that either appointed them, keep them in their appointed positions, or if they're elected to generate campaign funds to keep them elected, the better this country will be.

This era of Caucus before Country, divide one another to concur, age of politics we're in is disgusting. And frankly, more often than not, if one thinks that the people they voted for aren't the problem, but the people that others voted for are the problem, that is the problem.

ScottySkis

The sooner that folks realize that regardless of one's political ideological leanings that the vast majority of politicians are underneath it all more about spewing BS to keep them in good grades with those that either appointed them, keep them in their appointed positions, or if they're elected to generate campaign funds to keep them elected, the better this country will be.

This era of Caucus before Country, divide one another to concur, age of politics we're in is disgusting. And frankly, more often than not, if one thinks that the people they voted for aren't the problem, but the people that others voted for are the problem, that is the problem.
+1+00+000000

icecoast1

Government salary, however "cushy" in your eyes, are peanuts compare to private section!

No, you don't know what it's all about.
You seem to be unable to understand the concept of somebody who's already a rich man with tons of power and influence and a tv star-like popularity not wanting to give all that up to be a slightly richer rich man

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com

Hopefully these will be out soon ! UPS Pilots testing them .

dblskifanatic

So we were skiing on Sunday at Nashoba, Everyone seemed to adhere to the face mask policy in the lift line. After a few runs I was getting prety hot since it was like 35 out and full sun. On the lift I was with my wife only so I would take my mask off. A liftie saw it and wanted me to mask up of the lift. I did not get the reason for that. In the end I would take in down a few times on the way up to cool down and always had it on off the lift. Then I took it off while skiing. Then back on before I got to the lift line. On the lift you have to be 15 feet away if not more from the chairs in front and behind. So the logic there does not register especially when there is a cross wind.

The restaurant was open and the cafeteria as well.

2Planker

Mask off on the lift is only OK if you are alone.

They have no idea that it's your wife on the chair w/ you....

Andrew B.

Mask off on the lift is only OK if you are alone.

They have no idea that it's your wife on the chair w/ you....
If I am on a lift with someone they need to assume they are from my pod shouldn’t they?

Andrew B.

Depends on the chair. You can have 2 unrelated singles on a quad.
Regardless of the chair
If I am on a chair there is no reason to believe the person with me is uncomfortable of my mask status unless they are screaming from the chair
If they were that uptight they wouldn’t have loaded with me, a stranger
Use some common sense,
I know, it’s not common.