• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Dinner thread...What's cooking...

deadheadskier

Staff member
Btw - soft shells are so much easier to eat IMHO

sure

but, you get half as much knuckle and claw meat and it's not as dense or sweet as a the same size hard shell. Same thing with the tail meat, though to a lesser extent. When lobsters molt, their muscles shrink and shell cavities fill up with water. That's why hard shells are preferred by chefs and cost more.

Puck it

sure

but, you get half as much knuckle and claw meat and it's not as dense or sweet as a the same size hard shell. Same thing with the tail meat, though to a lesser extent. When lobsters molt, their muscles shrink and shell cavities fill up with water. That's why hard shells are preferred by chefs and cost more.

True

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I went out in SC last night and had some killer fried green tomatoes. Also had steamed mussells and a grilled seafood platter with shrimp, scallops, and mahi-mahi with a side of asparaguse. Excellent!

deadheadskier

Staff member
Fried Fish Burritos

It's a good thing my home deep fryer is a pain in the ass to clean and store after use. I could probably eat fried fish burritos or tacos three nights a week and never get sick of them.........and be muy gordo

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Pizza last night. Probably some take out or something quick and easy tonight too. ... Diet starts Monday ??

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

deadheadskier

Staff member
Local Lobstah guy was down to $5.95 on 1.5#ers :)

So, lobstah, baked potato and a tomato and mozz salad with 1st of the season tomatoes from our plants on the deck.