• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Favorite pizza toppings

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Last week (or was it the week before?) I made another great pizza: Wildtree alfredo sauce, mozz, broccoli. Could have used some chicken but otherwise, it was yummy. :) I may have thrown some garlic on that one, too.

drjeff

I've eaten there...pretty good.

My all time favorite is Harry's Famous Pizza on Farmington Ave in West Hartford, CT.

The crust there is soooooo thin

Fixed it for 'ya Root :) My 1st 2 years of Dental School, I lived about 2 miles down the road from Harry's. They make a PHENOMENAL thin crust pie :) Might just need to take my students there this coming Monday night after they finish their final presentation as a "thank you" for a great year!

drjeff

I'm told New Haven CT might actually have the best pizza in the country, better than NYC.

Anyone been to a great pizza place in New Haven? What do people think is the best in NY? Regina Pizza seems to be the consensus best in Boston.

Sally's or Pepe's are THE 2 places in New Haven. I had the pleasure of eating @ Sally's last Thursday night and Pepe's on Friday night :) GREAT pies at both places! Kind of like comparing a GOLDEN apple to a GOLDEN apple!

deadheadskier

Staff member
Sally's or Pepe's are THE 2 places in New Haven. I had the pleasure of eating @ Sally's last Thursday night and Pepe's on Friday night :) GREAT pies at both places! Kind of like comparing a GOLDEN apple to a GOLDEN apple!

:lol:

but I thought we were talking about tomato's ;)

Geoff

I'm a New Bedford, Mass native. Where I come from, the only possible pizza topping is linguica. (Portuguese pork sausage with paprika, garlic, and vinegar as the flavor hit.) The variation from pizza joint to pizza joint is whether you want it sliced or ground.

If I'm making my own at home, I like making a sauce from sauteed red onions, wild mushrooms, and sauvignon blanc. You put half of it in the food processor to make the sauce. Hard cheese like parm regiano and assiago instead of mozzarella. Toppings like artichoke hearts, marinated chopped chicken thighs, good olives, roasted red peppers...

Across the street where they have a wood-fired oven and thin crust, I like the BBQ sauce, cheese, chicken, and proscuitto topping.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Fixed it for 'ya Root :) My 1st 2 years of Dental School, I lived about 2 miles down the road from Harry's. They make a PHENOMENAL thin crust pie :) Might just need to take my students there this coming Monday night after they finish their final presentation as a "thank you" for a great year!
Thanks for the correction. It's been about 5 years since I've been there.

Dr Skimeister

I tried the place right next to Harry's, Pizza Luna, this past winter on my way from NJ to Brattleboro, VT. I had their clam pie that was so-so at best.

frozencorn

Calypso - Chicken, bacon, candian bacon, pineapple, peppers, onion, garlic, jerk spice, cheddar, monterey, and mozzarrella.

I've had duck on pizza and that's good..taco pizza is also the bomb deezy..lettuce tomato steeze, taco meat and maybe some seasoning,..Pesto pizza is also the ill shiz