• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Favorite Trail Map

BeefyBoy50

We need to keep the discussion threads coming with all the stoke that is going on.
I was thinking earlier about this because I have trail maps hanging on my walls.
I can spend a long time looking at certain trail maps, imagining I was skiing. Some are more absorbing than others and I can spend an hour looking at a map I already know without getting bored.

With that in mind, what are your favorite trail maps?
My favorite is possibly the Solitude trail map. Not sure why, but I think its beautifully drawn and the trail layout is interesting.
On the east coast I really like Killington's trail map because there is so much to look at.

Tin

Favorite... Sugarloaf, just a huge hill and see something new each time you look.
Least...MRG, they could make it more up to date or at least a better "classic" print.

I'm surprised no one at the co-op has played around with Magic's. It is a huge part of advertising and drawing interest.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
We need to keep the discussion threads coming with all the stoke that is going on.
I was thinking earlier about this because I have trail maps hanging on my walls.
I can spend a long time looking at certain trail maps, imagining I was skiing. Some are more absorbing than others and I can spend an hour looking at a map I already know without getting bored.

With that in mind, what are your favorite trail maps?
My favorite is possibly the Solitude trail map. Not sure why, but I think its beautifully drawn and the trail layout is interesting.
On the east coast I really like Killington's trail map because there is so much to look at.

Cannon again....I know I'm in Pa. but cant help Cannon jones. Have'nt been there in years but still love the place.
was playing on this site
, zoom to your favorite slope
http://www.hillmap.com/

and click on paths, Drop 2 points and it give you distance and angles

Sugarloaf and Cannon both have sections around 30 degrees.

Jonesing for my local BC mountain 33 degress for 950' . Hoping for a repeat snow year

Tin

Sugarloaf and Cannon both have sections around 30 degrees.

Sugarloaf has marked sections into the 40s. This is from the bottom of one of the Snowfield trails looking up to the summit.

attachment.php

Attachments

• E White Nitro.jpg
    E White Nitro.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 461

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Last edited:

MadMadWorld

Judging by the picture it looks to be in the 30s. If it were in the 40s she could almost be leaning against the trail.

Savemeasammy

^I wish I would have saved one of those myself...

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

4aprice

I would have to say Stowe since I have a beautifully framed trail map/poster down stairs in the our bar/former kids den/man cave that I picked up at ski show several years ago.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

BenedictGomez

I would have to say Stowe since I have a beautifully framed trail map/poster down stairs in the our bar/former kids den/man cave that I picked up at ski show several years ago.

Yeah, if we're talking about PHYSICAL maps, I'm going with Stowe, they're quite beautiful (or at least they were back in the day).

If we're talking about online maps, I'm going with Jay Peak. I like how they have a little description of each glade.

Tin

If it were in the 40s she could almost be leaning against the trail.
That is why she is on the edge of the trail. In the middle part she couldn't stop herself from going forward. The only reason I even mentioned it was because in section between two of the Snowfield trails her SkiTracks hit 42* slope. Highest I've ever seen. Even on Goat and Starr the highest I saw was 37*.

MadMadWorld

That is why she is on the edge of the trail. In the middle part she couldn't stop herself from going forward. The only reason I even mentioned it was because in section between two of the Snowfield trails her SkiTracks hit 42* slope. Highest I've ever seen. Even on Goat and Starr the highest I saw was 37*.

I guess if your standing in the right spot it could get that steep but I would be interested to see how sustained it is

MadMadWorld

Yeah, if we're talking about PHYSICAL maps, I'm going with Stowe, they're quite beautiful (or at least they were back in the day).

If we're talking about online maps, I'm going with Jay Peak. I like how they have a little description of each glade.

I'm surprised you didn't say Smuggs for online trail map. Jay's is good but Smuggs is better I think