• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Have trip booked for Burke Feb 29- Mar 2 - YUCK!

hudsonhacker

Well, my plan for the kids school break was to take a ski vacation to Vermont to get away from the crazy crowds around the hills in Quebec next week. So, way in advance I got a condo booked, liftopia tickets bought....and I just checked the webcam on Burke's website. We will be lucky to get any skiing at all next week. For once I booked something in advance to ensure I got exactly what I wanted (2 bedroom condo, ski in, ski out) and then this weather just wrecks what little skiing was available. Really bummed by this darn R event! I hope there will be some runs open next week.

tnt1234

Ugh. Sorry to hear that. I think there is a chance of snow next week. So, chin up.

VTKilarney

They will have runs open, but your choice of runs will be very limited. In most years your strategy would have been excellent.

hudsonhacker

Even more depressed, Jay is fully open and the pricing would have been almost the exact same!

hudsonhacker

Yeah, there is that. As long as there are a couple of runs open and a few parts of a terrain park open to keep my son happy, I will gladly take the lack of crowds. Please, Please, be open!

thetrailboss

Staff member
I can post some pics from my drive up this morning. I did not ski today if that says anything. It was like a wet sponge on what I walked over...and I walked from MidBurke over to Willoughby Quad. Talked to one of the groomers this afternoon and he said it was very firm.

SkiRay

Yeah, there is that. As long as there are a couple of runs open and a few parts of a terrain park open to keep my son happy, I will gladly take the lack of crowds. Please, Please, be open!

We just had this experience last week - we were invested in other mountains - the skiing was an ice sheet.. We made this edit - I know you could relate to it but, if you watch to the end you will see what we learned. Here is the link to our trip report - these are like little movies we do. Been doing them now for a few years - we hope you like..

http://forums.alpinezone.com/showth...-You-may-like-this-report?p=939238#post939238

hudsonhacker

Well, packing the truck this morning...we will make the best of what the conditions offer. It will be more fun than working/going to school either way!

SkiRay

Well, packing the truck this morning...we will make the best of what the conditions offer. It will be more fun than working/going to school either way!

That's the passion. Have the best time possible.. Post pics, better, video!

thetrailboss

Staff member
I went today. Not too bad. Lots of friendly folks. Ski some and then do other stuff.

ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1456698931.366659.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

VTKilarney

We were there this afternoon. Conditions were not great, but not bad either. The one bummer is the lack of terrain open right now. It was not busy at all. I've never seen the Sherburne lodge so empty on a Sunday afternoon. You'll get plenty of runs in, that's for sure.