• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How many days so far? (2015-2016 season)

nkLottery

Smuggs last Saturday was a blast. Did two runs in the Birthday Bowls which were I'd say 85% awesome and 15% sketchy. Majority rules, it was worthwhile. The road was in fine shape to get back to the parking lot. Ended up ripping out the plastic sidewall of my ski somehow on that 4pm birthday bowl run... The edge, miraculously, was not compromised. Probably will epoxy + clamp it on and see how that holds.

Loon this Saturday...maybe MRG sunday

KustyTheKlown

Smuggs last Saturday was a blast. Did two runs in the Birthday Bowls which were I'd say 85% awesome and 15% sketchy. Majority rules, it was worthwhile. The road was in fine shape to get back to the parking lot. Ended up ripping out the plastic sidewall of my ski somehow on that 4pm birthday bowl run... The edge, miraculously, was not compromised. Probably will epoxy + clamp it on and see how that holds.

Loon this Saturday...maybe MRG sunday

i was there. i had a blast on saturday too, but i poked into the woods skier's left about half way down black snake, to get a sense of how the bowls would be skiing, and i found a lot of exposure and one section where i basically had to firepole slide down a tree to clear a small but not even close to filled in cliff with a sketchy landing. decided to keep it in bounds the rest of the weekend, and decided to take advantage of the less than stellar conditions on sunday to win major brownie points and ski for 4 hours with my girlfriend on easy groomers. that never happens and she was pretty happy about it.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I'm assuming those who ski everyday in the season are either

A. Mountain or near mountain employees
B. Retired living near the mountain

Put me in the camp of someone who would like to ski a lot, but not everyday no matter what the circumstances. I've got a couple hundred+ day seasons under my belt from my ski bum years and even those were skiing "only" five days all season. I wouldn't sacrifice traveling to visit family and friends for months on end or taking trips to the city for cultural events just to say I skied everyday of the season. To each their own though

Vortex

That is a lot of days skiing. I do enjoy skiing very much, but I also need to meet the definition of fun. Yesterday, I was skiing and the nicest thing I could say about the trails is that most of the ice had a coating of snow. It was only as deep as the corduroy. You could ski thru it very quickly. Not exactly my definition of fun, even with freshly sharpened edges.

To be fair, mother nature just isn't helping out this year. Very little snow and what there is has been rained on. Best method is to go where they have just opened a trail, it's less likely to be all ice, not having been rained on so much.

I'm up to 20 days, but I have held off when the snow was mostly brown and rocks everywhere, and again now that it is mostly icy. Doesn't mean I won't give it the ole college try again tomorrow...

Really surprised our paths have not crossed.
Will be on the hill for # 37tomorow

Vortex

I'm assuming those who ski everyday in the season are either

A. Mountain or near mountain employees
B. Retired living near the mountain

Put me in the camp of someone who would like to ski a lot, but not everyday no matter what the circumstances. I've got a couple hundred+ day seasons under my belt from my ski bum years and even those were skiing "only" five days all season. I wouldn't sacrifice traveling to visit family and friends for months on end or taking trips to the city for cultural events just to say I skied everyday of the season. To each their own though

I don't miss many opportunities to ski. I usually even skip music events. If I could go everyday, I would make sure I caught show or other events. Same thought process. Probably better in the Misc. thread but Feb 5th Pardon me Doug is at the Matterhorn at The River. Good Phish Tribute band.

KustyTheKlown

I don't miss many opportunities to ski. I usually even skip music events. If I could go everyday, I would make sure I caught show or other events. Same thought process. Probably better in the Misc. thread but Feb 5th Pardon me Doug is at the Matterhorn at The River. Good Phish Tribute band.

i stopped caring about phish years ago so thats no problem for me, but i am still pretty into the disco biscuits, and commonly miss biscuits shows to ski. missing the philadelphia run next weekend to go to colorado. no regrets and not complaining, but i hardly ever go out to see music, eat at a restaurant in nyc, or see my non-skier friends on a weekend, from thanksgiving thru april, every year. i gotta work in nyc 5 days a week, and i make sure that i am up north or out west every single weekend.

deadheadskier

Staff member

They are pretty good.

Friends with the keyboard player. When my wife and I met in Portland we would go see his original band all the time.

Vortex

Who knows, maybe we have???? I still wear the same jacket in my avatar, my hair is grayer, and I'm normally covered up in a helmet and face mask. I don't spend much time in the lodge, I spend it mostly out skiing, then head home.

Are you a member of Primetime?
Just Qualified. :) No I am not, I know a few who have been in the past. Usually out in the first chair rush. Mid week I ski most of the day. Weekends it depends on how the snow holds up. Eyes open for you.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Love it.

1. November 21, 2015: Alta
2. November 22, 2015: Snowbird
3. November 23, 2015: Alta
4. December 6, 2015: Snowbird
5. December 12, 2015: Alta
6. December 13, 2015: Snowbird
7. January 1, 2016: Alta/Snowbird
8. January 2, 2016: Alta/Snowbird
9. January 3, 2016: Alta/Snowbird
10. January 10, 2016: Alta/Snowbird
11. January 16, 2016: Alta/Snowbird (Powder Day)
12. January 17, 2016: Alta (Powder Day)
13. January 23, 2016: Alta

14. January 28, 2016: Alta
15. January 29, 2016: Cherry Peak, Utah (Powder Day)

Wife's Tally:

1. December 30, 2015: Solitude
2. January 2, 2016: Alta
3. January 6, 2016: Alta
4. January 17, 2016: Alta (Powder Day)
5. January 23, 2016: Alta

Daughter's Tally:

1. December 6, 2015: Snowbird
2. January 2, 2015: Alta (first real lesson).
3. January 17, 2016: Alta
4. January 23, 2016: Alta

Last edited: