• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How old do you hope to be when you finally hang em up?

Geoff

Mom still skis at age 75 though it's not the 100+ days per year she was bagging a decade ago. I know a bunch of people at Kmart who ski every day who are in their 70's. There's a guy named Dee with a 50 year old girlfriend who must be over 80 now.

With a couple of knee replacements, I see no reason why I won't be skiing at age 80.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
you must be a pretty good golfer then.

Hahaha, ahh, I love this place.

Anyway, my grandfather said something similar, except it was about splitting wood with an 8 lb maul, and not playing golf.

All of this shouldn't be a problem since I'm going to live forever... so I'll stop skiing if there's no snow anymore. And I'll water ski.

jaywbigred

you must be a pretty good golfer then.

Quote of the day!

And you are right GSS, for people like you who are so in love with golf carts.

Try REAL golf, i.e. walking and carrying your own clubs (not using a cart, not drinking beer while playing) and hoofing it up and down the hills in the sun or rain. Its not exactly a marathon, but its certainly exercise.

campgottagopee

Quote of the day!

And you are right GSS, for people like you who are so in love with golf carts.

Try REAL golf, i.e. walking and carrying your own clubs (not using a cart, not drinking beer while playing) and hoofing it up and down the hills in the sun or rain. Its not exactly a marathon, but its certainly exercise.

DING-DING-DING-DING
We have a winner

playoutside

I sure hope I'm skiing in my 70s and 80s, but I'll take every day that I'm given and appreciate it for now!

Skied earlier this year with a 78 yr old man I met on the chairlift at Sunapee. Great conversations and that guy didn't hold back for a second. I swear he even got air on a few runs! He remains an inspiration. Hope to catch up with him again this season.

2knees

Now compare Marc to GSS .. It is apparent that Marc never has sex, the sheep and goat thing is just a cover, The clarity, the understanding, the intelligence just shines through with his post. Sorry to blow your cover Marc...:wink:

sounds like you want to have sex with marc.

Paul

sounds like you want to have sex with marc.

SRSLY..

Jerry, you're starting to creep me out a little...

FamilyGuyHerbert.jpg

Warp Daddy

I'm going to be 65 in May and with my daily exercise routine and continued good health i INTEND to ski TILL I DIE end of story .

I too regiularly see men and women in their 80's BOMBING the hill -- they may be on Blues or green s but damn they are HAPPY !!! One guy i know and his wife are 89 and still ski teh blacks 3 days a week from 9-noon ------Pretty nice role models

Had a gonzo day out there today Massive death cookines in teh am but after lunch things softened up with blubird sky and 39 degrees

Sex makes you "stupid" has been my experience ... case and point would be GSS .. I think he must have sex 4 or 5 times a day with the things he comes up with .. now is that sex with himself or someone else is up for debate.. Sex makes you blind to many things and I think that is by design somehow..

I've had sex 5 times in a day before..with a girl..and with Rosy Palms..either way,..my D$ck doesn't know the difference..and I'm not blind..lol..

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I should have said " when men only sailed on warships" ... I can't help it if sailors look cute in their dress blues ... :lol:
I tried but I was in a hurry and that was the better YouTube I could find to express what was on my mind. ;)

BTW, was thinking again about the golfing comments on here. Puts a whole new spin on the title of this thread. :lol:

JimG.

Staff member
Age won't be an issue...they'll have to pry the skis out of my cold dead hands.