• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How old is everybody?? How many years have you been skiing/riding?

I was wondering a little more about the demographics of this forum. How old are you? How many years have you been skiing/riding? I'm 28 and my first day skiing was when I was 9..but I didn't start skiing regularly until I was 11 with the middle school ski club and didn't start skiing alot until I was 16 when I started driving and getting season passes. Tell the peanut gallery a little bit about your skiing/riding history...:-D

Masskier

50 and 38 on skis, a couple to a few times a year during high school, a lot during the college years, then a few times a year in the career-family period. And the last 10 years 20-30 days a year. The next 10 yrs I plannig on 40-50 days.

gymnast46

Website
www.suburbansport.com
Ummmm..... Turning 61 next month. First skied at a place called Rossfeld near Berchtesgaden in Bavaria in 1956. Skied regularly until 1962 when I took up sky diving. 2000+ jumps later I retired from that sport. After a layoff of 34 years I returned to skiing and took up boarding the same year. Today I split my time 50/50 between skiing and boarding with a focus on racing.

Off season is devoted to unicycling and golf.

ERJ-145CA

37, skiied about 6 seasons between 10 and 16 years old. Then 20 years off and now 1.5 seasons, 26 days last season, hopefully more '07-'08.

crank

I'm 50. Started skiing in the back yard in Poughkeepsie, NY at 5-years old. First ski area/rope tow at age 9. Skied every year since except for 1 when I had a herniated disk in my lower back.

I took up snowboarding about 9 years ago but only board a few times each season.