• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter mountain North parking??

Daveonli

Does anyone have information regarding parking at Hunter North? Google and any maps I look at don’t show it. Are there any signs in town directing you

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

Shame that they are now closing trails that end there at 330. They should continue to allow access for those who parked there and do not need a lift up. Or do they allow this and just not advertise it?

Jersey Skier

Shame that they are now closing trails that end there at 330. They should continue to allow access for those who parked there and do not need a lift up. Or do they allow this and just not advertise it?
I can see the lifts closing, but are you saying you can't ski down to your car after 3:30?

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

I can see the lifts closing, but are you saying you can't ski down to your car after 3:30?
That is what the signs say. I didn't risk testing it. Might be they figure their clientele is too dumb to pay attention to signs about lifts closing if they don't rope trails off. Or they may just want to have ski patrol do final sweep.of that area early.

Jersey Skier

That is what the signs say. I didn't risk testing it. Might be they figure their clientele is too dumb to pay attention to signs about lifts closing if they don't rope trails off. Or they may just want to have ski patrol do final sweep.of that area early.
No doubt about the clientele being dumb, but kinda sucks.

Jersey Skier

Just checked the webcam. Lifts are currently on hold. Lifts on front side are on hold. Would really suck if you're parked at the North lot.

cliffsteep

Exactly. I took a trip to the front side about 10:30 because no one was scanning passes at the North Chair. Had to take the shuttle back to my truck because the D lift was the only lift running. Absolute chaos with crowds of people standing around. Never did get my pass scanned. Will I be hearing from Vail about a 'no show' reservation? It was interesting to see a long line of people buying tickets. Did they ever start loading the Flyer? AFAIK the North Chair kept running all day.

jimmywilson69

I have forgotten to cancel reservations for my wife numerous times and never heard a peep from Vail. I'm not really even sure they were really sending those warning emails to be honest...

Mum skier

I have forgotten to cancel reservations for my wife numerous times and never heard a peep from Vail. I'm not really even sure they were really sending those warning emails to be honest...
It’s not very easy to cancel for family members! At Christmas I cancelled a couple of days Due to the poor conditions and rain. But turns out I only cancelled my day, not husband and kids. When you book a day they give you a list of all your pass holders so it’s easy to choose the whole family in one go. But when you cancel you have to scroll to each pass holder individually and go into their reservation.
my days weren’t booked out, maybe they could be annoyed if you didn’t cancel a fully booked day.

cliffsteep

There was no rope to go under. When the Flyer and F lift are down you can't get to the North side without climbing, right?

jimmywilson69

It’s not very easy to cancel for family members! At Christmas I cancelled a couple of days Due to the poor conditions and rain. But turns out I only cancelled my day, not husband and kids. When you book a day they give you a list of all your pass holders so it’s easy to choose the whole family in one go. But when you cancel you have to scroll to each pass holder individually and go into their reservation.
yes you definitely have to go to each passholder, but calling it difficult is a bit of a stretch. once you are in there its easy enough to scroll. IDK...

So Inclined

Works for day ticket holders. Pass holders would risk losing skiing privileges for 4 weeks for skiing a closed trail per signs recently put up at Hunter.

I may have done it a few weeks ago to get back to my car at 4, and got a "how did you get down here?!" from the lifties. They weren't very amused. "You're lucky patrol didn't see you."
Likely I won't do that - or park at North, unless I'm with a friend and have a car stationed at the main lot - again.

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

I may have done it a few weeks ago to get back to my car at 4, and got a "how did you get down here?!" from the lifties. They weren't very amused. "You're lucky patrol didn't see you."
Likely I won't do that - or park at North, unless I'm with a friend and have a car stationed at the main lot - again.
Thanks - that was the info we needed

ScottySkis

Last chance cheese shop by Hunter ski area is hiring my dad loved that place:
"""Looking to build the team. Stop in for an application today. Full time and part time positions available. #tannersvilleny #huntermtn #windhammountain"