• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter Mountain open tomorrow for Season Pass holders...

dmc

On the 3rd chair.... 3 FAST top to bottoms... Back home for my 10am meeting.. :)
WOOO HOOO!!!!
Go git some!!!

14378_4578578475045_1455963679_n.jpg
21897_4578581555122_1892338220_n.jpg

dmc

So how was it?

it was groomed warm and it's colder now.. So it's hard courd... It's cloudy and nippy out.. only 3 chairs worth of people waiting at 8:50...
Coverage is wall2wall as expected - some brown on the right side of midstation and Kennedy... But totally avoidable...

Remembered all my stuff... Board and helmet still in the locker since March.. Brought 2 right gloves... haha... not a problem...
Locker next to me had a mouse chewing on the guys helmet... :)

Good to be back... Going to try to get into it again... Was kinda lame ass last year...

drjeff

it was groomed warm and it's colder now.. So it's hard courd... It's cloudy and nippy out.. only 3 chairs worth of people waiting at 8:50...
Coverage is wall2wall as expected - some brown on the right side of midstation and Kennedy... But totally avoidable...

Remembered all my stuff... Board and helmet still in the locker since March.. Brought 2 right gloves... haha... not a problem...
Locker next to me had a mouse chewing on the guys helmet... :)

Good to be back... Going to try to get into it again... Was kinda lame ass last year...

Nice! The 2 right gloves thing.... I *might* have had that happen with my almost 7yr old son on our 1st day last Friday ;)

I'm starting to realize as my kids get more independent (almost 7 and almost 9 now) that one of the new metrics I use to judge a "good" day on the hill is if I have to go to the base lodge ski shop and buy some type of typically soft good just before we all catch our 1st chair of the day! :lol:

dmc

The mouse comment was way to funny!!! That's why I love Hunter.............held together with a bent nail and rusty screw.

you know after I posted that... I wondered if someone would add it to the list of issues(not questions) for Hunter..

We were laughing our asses off about it.. My helmet was fine - also left there since March...
I wonder what my friend puts in his hair that attracts mice...?

catskillman

A guy in my friends locker room had all these small shreds of paper in his locker one day. Turned out the mice ate about 20 menthol cough drops!!!

dmc

too funny... I don't know anybody at Hunter that doesn't have mice issues...
I was catching 3 a night when it started to get cold.. Now not so many..