• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

I met a skier chick...

"Smurf" is a perfectly acceptable replacement for any explicative.

LOL...well I have all sorts of ski and golf swag. A girl I dated earlier in the summer was into golf and the first time I went to her house..I brought her a sleeve of Nike balls I got in the goodie bag at a golf outing. I have a pair of goggles kicking around that I bought on Steep and Cheap and they turned out to be baby blue ladies goggle with hardly any tint to them...probably good for night skiing and I gave them to the girl yesterday since her current goggles are high intensity and not good for night skiing.

Or maybe she's a AZ lurker

You never know..there was a really interesting article in the NYTimes about people googling people..before going on date with them. Very interesting because I think most people do that..at least snoops like me...:-D

The last 2 women I dated briefly said they had googled me .. a lot of good that it did them ..

Don't give out your last name..or make up an alias..lol...

At Karaoke a few weeks ago this busted chick came up to me and touched my hair and asked if I was Greek. I told her my name was Skip...but I got owned 10 minutes later when the DJ said,"Next up is GSS and he's gonna sing Snoop Doggs Gin and Juice"..lol

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
LOL...well I have all sorts of ski and golf swag. A girl I dated earlier in the summer was into golf and the first time I went to her house..I brought her a sleeve of Nike balls I got in the goodie bag at a golf outing. I have a pair of goggles kicking around that I bought on Steep and Cheap and they turned out to be baby blue ladies goggle with hardly any tint to them...probably good for night skiing and I gave them to the girl yesterday since her current goggles are high intensity and not good for night skiing.

You never know..there was a really interesting article in the NYTimes about people googling people..before going on date with them. Very interesting because I think most people do that..at least snoops like me...:-D

almost all the girls i have dated googled me. which fine by my they just find all the PR articles that i do for the places we build. it kinda makes me out to be a superstar.

almost all the girls i have dated googled me. which fine by my they just find all the PR articles that i do for the places we build. it kinda makes me out to be a superstar.

When I google myself I don't find much...but if I google grilledsteezesandwich wow..

Geoff

The last 2 women I dated briefly said they had googled me .. a lot of good that it did them ..

Before I took his name off it in 2005, when you googled GSS, this link came up first for many years:
http://www.geoffdevine.com/whose.html

If you google my name, my personal web page comes up first. I really should update it. Some Voice over IP security stuff I did comes up next. Then my LinkedIn profile and resume. You also find a 19-year-old with my name in Florida and a cop in New Zealand who went into the personal trainer business.

drjeff

The name similarity thing that gets me a few times a year is that there is an OB/GYN with my exact same name(right down to the middle initial) who has a practice in CT about 40 miles from mine, And a couple of times a year, I'll get a call from a pharmacist asking if I called in a reauthorization presecription for birth control pills. My reply to that is, sorry, I'm the other Doc with that name and I work on the other end ;)

wa-loaf

The name similarity thing that gets me a few times a year is that there is an OB/GYN with my exact same name(right down to the middle initial) who has a practice in CT about 40 miles from mine, And a couple of times a year, I'll get a call from a pharmacist asking if I called in a reauthorization presecription for birth control pills. My reply to that is, sorry, I'm the other Doc with that name and I work on the other end ;)

You should call him up and see if he wants to switch for a day. Like twins! :-D

drjeff

Thanks, but no thanks! My sister in-law is an OB/GYN, and as she so eloquently puts it "99.9% of my patients wouldn't exactly qualify as playboy playmates" :eek:

Dr Skimeister

This tangentially reminds me of an old joke about the two guys standing at a wake admiring the HUGE floral arrangement in the shape of an anatomically-correct heart. The one fellow is laughing and shaking his head. The other guy wonders what he finds so funny.
"The floral arrangement"
"Well, he was a well-respected cardiologist. His staff sent that in his honor"
The laughing guy responds, "Well, I'm a well respected gynocologist. What do you think my staff will send for me??"