• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

master plan thread

steamboat1

How many years have these plans been a topic of conversation?

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• killingtonmap-2001-0000a.jpg
    killingtonmap-2001-0000a.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 283
  • KillingtonVillage.jpg
    KillingtonVillage.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 282

frozengranular

If we are talking past plans, the plan for Sunday River in the LBO days was pretty impressive, as it would have made Jordan Bowl the new middle of the mountain when completed. I found a map of the planned new terrain at one point but could never seem to find it again. In hindsight I always wondered why the village wasn't planned for South Ridge or the base of the North Peak lift.

Jully

If we are talking past plans, the plan for Sunday River in the LBO days was pretty impressive, as it would have made Jordan Bowl the new middle of the mountain when completed. I found a map of the planned new terrain at one point but could never seem to find it again. In hindsight I always wondered why the village wasn't planned for South Ridge or the base of the North Peak lift.

Everything out west of the Jordan Bowl isn't as big and has substantially less pitch than Jordan though, isn't it? I'd be interested to see that map as well.

cdskier

Not sure connecting Killington and Pico is really a good thing. Pico is a lot quieter and that's nice.

I tend to agree. It is nice with Pico being a more old school throw-back style mountain compared to the big K next door.

benski

Didn't say it was a good thing only that it's been approved. In fact I'm against both the interconnect & village plans.

The village will probably come with a new south ridge chair and a detach on snowdon.

I think they could also use a way to get from the top of Superstar to the Canyons chair.

steamboat1

Out of curiosity, why the village? The interconnect I totally understand though.
If built as planned it will eliminate parking at Snowshed & Ramshead & substantially reduce parking at K-1. Plans are to build parking further down the access road & shuttle people up from there likely not bringing them to K-1 but to the new village at Snowshed/Ramsdhead. This why I'm against the village as planned.

Jully

If built as planned it will eliminate parking at Snowshed & Ramshead & substantially reduce parking at K-1. Plans are to build parking further down the access road & shuttle people up from there likely not bringing them to K-1 but to the new village at Snowshed/Ramsdhead. This why I'm against the village as planned.

Hmm, yeah that is very odd/not great from a day skier perspective. It will change the way the resort flows if that is the case. Sounds like they are basically modeling after a Sugarloaf style village where all parking is super far away and you get shuttled into the village.

steamboat1

The village will probably come with a new south ridge chair and a detach on snowdon.
Maybe a new Snowdon chair but I wouldn't count on anything for South Ridge. Both the village & interconnect are intertwined. One is not happening unless the other happens too. Any new lifts would go for the interconnect, not South Ridge.