• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mohawk Mountain (CT)

rocks860

I've never been here but was thinking of checking it out with my girlfriend. How does it compare to someplace like sundown? Is it similar in the sense of really quick runs down? The lift tickets look kinda pricey for the amount of runs. Has anyone been lately and if so how are the conditions? Thanks!

gmcunni

I've never been here but was thinking of checking it out with my girlfriend. How does it compare to someplace like sundown? Is it similar in the sense of really quick runs down? The lift tickets look kinda pricey for the amount of runs. Has anyone been lately and if so how are the conditions? Thanks!

typically less $$ than Sundown. similar size but feels a little bigger due to spread out bottom of the mountain. equally quick runs down from top.

haven't been there in a couple weeks but they should have plenty of snow.

depending where you are coming from you can also check Butternut and Catamount.. a little bigger than their CT neighbors.

rocks860

I was just looking at Berkshire east, looks like the price is the same as Mohawk but a lot more variety. We live in Rocky hill so we'd be coming from there.

Abominable

If the drive is the same, I'd say BEast no brainer. Haven't been to Mohawk in a long time but I'm fairly certain BEast is at least twice the mountain.

Plus, no bar at Mohawk. I mean, c'mon.

rocks860

Yeah we'll probably just do that. I usually go up to vt if I go by myself but my girlfriend is more of a beginner. I've missed out on some of the smaller places