• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mountain Creek update

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
looks like they just updated the site today.

hawk highlands is now called bakersfield.

also all the rope tows at south are off the map.

they should just put the in hawkhighlands/bakersfield so the kidies can lap the pipe and those features and it would cut down on any base area traffic.

bensonr2

I noticed they also took the super pipe off the map on the Vernon side.

Also the map for South / GG has trail difficulty ratings again now. Not just a general black diamond terrain park rating. It definitely seems like they are trying to encourage skiers and free riders to use that side of the mountain, and are putting less emphasis on it being an exclusive terrain park.

hardline

i would be suprised if all that remains of the pipe is gone by next year and they have put in a rope tow in hawk highlands for the pipe there.they should also regrade the the center of south with the fill from the super pipe. put in a few little rollers so in the spring when the snow is slow you could pupm the flat section. mid winter its fast so its no problem but spring its get real sticky by the sorjourn.

bensonr2

Does anyone know if its possible to get away with parking in Great Gorge Village or somewhere in or around Granite? Every time I ride the lift past the condos and see all the parking alongside the trail I think about how much easier that would be.

hardline

Does anyone know if its possible to get away with parking in Great Gorge Village or somewhere in or around Granite? Every time I ride the lift past the condos and see all the parking alongside the trail I think about how much easier that would be.

they will tow you those are service and overflow lots for the condos. you might get away with it but i wouldnt do it just park at south this year.

bensonr2

The problem is I like to go weekdays around 10am. It looks like they will not be opening south before noon time again this year.

Honestly this is why I feel they have ruined the resort the last couple years. I mean South was definitely half empty when I would show up on weekday mornings, but I was far from the only car there. I realize boarders are their growth area, but I think they are neglecting a part of their loyal clientele, the skier.

I mean when I go skiing on a weekday afternoon, half the time I would pay 20 dollars to have lunch in the Lodge. I would have a couple beers at the end of my day. If it was the weekend I probably brought a friend with me who paid full price for an all day ticket and rented skis.

I get the impression that they didn't do as well last season and they are trying to lure back part of their audience they lost, but I still am not feeling that they are fully satisfying my problems with the place.

Rob A

The guns were ON tonight. I recieved a text message from MC at about 8pm with the news. Weather is supposed to stay cold all week, they should be able to keep blowing nightly. Maybe an early opening?! Get it done MC! I'd love to ski Belleayre the 28th, then come back for some local cruisers on Saturday at MC.

hardline

The problem is I like to go weekdays around 10am. It looks like they will not be opening south before noon time again this year.

Honestly this is why I feel they have ruined the resort the last couple years. I mean South was definitely half empty when I would show up on weekday mornings, but I was far from the only car there. I realize boarders are their growth area, but I think they are neglecting a part of their loyal clientele, the skier.

I mean when I go skiing on a weekday afternoon, half the time I would pay 20 dollars to have lunch in the Lodge. I would have a couple beers at the end of my day. If it was the weekend I probably brought a friend with me who paid full price for an all day ticket and rented skis.

I get the impression that they didn't do as well last season and they are trying to lure back part of their audience they lost, but I still am not feeling that they are fully satisfying my problems with the place.

o i agree with you. i would be great if the open south first but they cant because they have their hotel there. so when the few paying clients they have there go out in the morning the north lifts need to spinning. they probally save some money by opening one side later and if it keeps pass prices down i will live with it for the time being.

the main problem with the area is the the ski area has to cater to the real estate.

Dr Skimeister

I drove by Creek this afternoon, then looked at the hill from across the valley. It looks like a small amount of snow making took place on one trail at South and some at the base and on one trail at Vernon. It appears the whole tubing slope across Rt 94 is covered though. *shrug*

I noticed they also took the super pipe off the map on the Vernon side.

Also the map for South / GG has trail difficulty ratings again now. Not just a general black diamond terrain park rating. It definitely seems like they are trying to encourage skiers and free riders to use that side of the mountain, and are putting less emphasis on it being an exclusive terrain park.

Ben being a "Local" you should know the name is "Stupid Pipe" and not Super Pipe"
LOL!

I drove by Creek this afternoon, then looked at the hill from across the valley. It looks like a small amount of snow making took place on one trail at South and some at the base and on one trail at Vernon. It appears the whole tubing slope across Rt 94 is covered though. *shrug*

Yup, Looks like just a bunch of "Test Patches".
HVC made snow on "Chicken" as usual....They should Blast "Browse" and then" 2" all the way down.
Skimeister did you notice the effort to open "Tubing" at Da Creek?
That is where all the snowmaking was done.
and that stinks!
I know that Tubing is a pure profit operation for any ski hill, but please. Throw us skiers/riders a bone.

Rob A

They better be blowing on more than the bs trails like sugar slope and horizon. They have to take advantage of this weather while they got it if they want to have a decent amount of terrain open on the 6th.

trainlazz

Has anyone noticed that the Southern Sojourn has been re designated as a blue trail? Either they regraded it or its because most snowboarders must walk the last 50 feet to South.

Maksim

Has anyone noticed that the Southern Sojourn has been re designated as a blue trail? Either they regraded it or its because most snowboarders must walk the last 50 feet to South.

Are the trails at Mountain creek graded a little to easy? er... like the blacks at mountain creek are blue anywhere else.

reason i ask is i never skied there, yet my ex gf, on her second day skiing ever, said she skied the black diamonds at mountain... kinda blew me away. I am just getting comfy after 10 trips or so, on blues of Blue Mountain, and Hidden Valley.

Rob A

Are the trails at Mountain creek graded a little to easy? er... like the blacks at mountain creek are blue anywhere else.

reason i ask is i never skied there, yet my ex gf, on her second day skiing ever, said she skied the black diamonds at mountain... kinda blew me away. I am just getting comfy after 10 trips or so, on blues of Blue Mountain, and Hidden Valley.

They are definitely easy graded at MC. Most blacks, as you say, are blues anywhere else. Pipeline would be a double black elsewhere too if it was longer, but it's really sort.