• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Name Brand Gasoline

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
zeedude - that $2.05 price in Jersey was mentioned on the national news last night. I guess maybe it's not so bad to have refineries. :wink: I imagine the lines at those stations are akin to the liftline at a ski resort on the Sat of a holiday when all the lifts except one are on windhold. :lol:

Maybe can get out there on some busy road in the area with maps to these stations for $5. Like they have in Hollywood, a map to the homes of the stars. :lol:

zeedude - that $2.05 price in Jersey was mentioned on the national news last night. I guess maybe it's not so bad to have refineries. :wink: I imagine the lines at those stations are akin to the liftline at a ski resort on the Sat of a holiday when all the lifts except one are on windhold. :lol:

Maybe can get out there on some busy road in the area with maps to these stations for $5. Like they have in Hollywood, a map to the homes of the stars. :lol:

It's called www.gasbuddy.com

One local station has lowered their prices 3 times in the past 24 hours..crazy..My Mom drives a Prius and she only fills up every 4-6 weeks or so..the last time she got gas it was $3.30 a gallon..lol

According to Gasbuddy..the cheapest gas within 15 miles of me is $2.51..and 3 miles away is $2.54..tomorrow I'm driving to the cheapest local gas station and seeing how much it will cost to fill up..I really don't think it will be more than $37..crazy..

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
OK, needed gas, this station wasn't too far so I had to go check it out:

When I got there I found gas was actually 2.09, it has since gone down to 1.99 at this place

main.php

Then I drove away and found that I went to the wrong gas station, one block up was this, but it has gone up to 2.12 at this place:

main.php

Cost me $23 to fill up my Toyota Corolla :)

Hawkshot99

The jokers near me are still at $4.89 for regular. I took this on my way to Jersey City this morning.
Picture001.jpg

Is it possible they went out of buisness and never took it down? One of my local stations went out of buisness when gas was $2.59. Sign was never taken down and still reads that.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Is it possible they went out of buisness and never took it down? One of my local stations went out of buisness when gas was $2.59. Sign was never taken down and still reads that.
Nope. They're still pumping it. Lights are still on. Gas dude still hanging out with his buds there.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Nope. They're still pumping it. Lights are still on. Gas dude still hanging out with his buds there.

What's the normal price around you? I would think if there is a great disparity between what he's charging and what others are charging that he could get accused for gouging. Do some morons still fill up there?

The jokers near me are still at $4.89 for regular. I took this on my way to Jersey City this morning.
Picture001.jpg

The...City of Summit police vehicle doesn't have the same effect as like City of Compton..lol..and do people actually pay 5 bucks a gallon???? I know Summit is an affluent town but for-serious??

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Normal prices range from $2.35 to $2.65. In NJ there's a law that states you can't charge any less than the price you paid for it, but the sky's the limit. About 10 blocks away, there's another Exxon station with average prices.

and yes, the morons with the Jag's still fill up there. I'll catch about 2-3 a week in there.

drjeff

I saw $2.56 today as I crossed over the CT/RI border into RI and then $2.63 back here in CT